Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightroom 5

Images
    Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements 10 [OLD VERSION] is $89 bucks, version 11 is $102. Is it worth the extra $13?
    --Zeagle Eagle

Grouper
    i wouldd say yes. usually the newer versions are the most tuned to the latest codecs

Guppy
    Images
    I am fortunate right now I'm enrolled in a few college courses for work and I think I can squeeze a student discount deal 79$ for the elements pkg.
    If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway.

Images
    Picked up Adobe Photoshop Elements 11 and Adobe Premiere Elements on Amazon for $99. I thought that was a pretty good deal. I can install them on several computers according to the Amazon Tech guy.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Grouper
    Hope you like what you bought. My only beef, for future on lookers, is that Lightroom is far from being intuitive. You really need to watch the hours of video to use it to even half of its capability.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by crpntr133 View Post
    Hope you like what you bought. My only beef, for future on lookers, is that Lightroom is far from being intuitive. You really need to watch the hours of video to use it to even half of its capability.
    It's the same way with something as simple as Adobe Reader.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Guppy
    I really prefer Lightroom over elements any day. Much more intuitive and very easy to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    I really prefer Lightroom over elements any day. Much more intuitive and very easy to use.
    I started with photoshop, and find lightroom so hard to use. The control scheme is so different.

I guess that'll all change now that adobe is switching to a monthly subscription basis. I'll never buy another version, as I don't like paying for something indefinitely.

Guppy
    Images
    I bought Lightroom, I have got it mostly figured out and like it. I have been looking at the cc Photoshop/Lightroom subscription. While I realize this is a yearly rented version that requires paying for it indefinitely, I am paying indefinitely for the electricity that powers it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steveo View Post
    I bought Lightroom, I have got it mostly figured out and like it. I have been looking at the cc Photoshop/Lightroom subscription. While I realize this is a yearly rented version that requires paying for it indefinitely, I am paying indefinitely for the electricity that powers it.
    Sure, are you renting the house you edit in? What about the computer you edit on?
    Simply put, the renting business model is very bad for some, and as an occasional user who can get by a few years on then "outdated" software, it hurts me. If you're the type of user that always needs the latest and greatest then you'd save by paying periodic rent with the latest updates included.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information