Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hey Kat where Yat countdown

Grouper

hey Kat where Yat countdown

Kat yall still on for Coz?
    we should meet up down there. We are going to be at residence reef and should have a car.
    we are arriving mid day Friday 11th and be there until the following Friday.
    Diving with Eagle Ray

LOL .... after the DH's major medical mishap that caused us to miss our annual March trip, I decided to not to jinx things and foreswear my usual task as the List-Master over on SB. Surprisingly, it looks like no one jumped in to take over, as I have not seen an October list. (Guess we'll be the Stealth Divers of October!) Less than 2 weeks out, and we're both healthy (knock on wood!!) so it looks like this trip is a go!

We arrive just before 1 on Saturday the 12th, back out the following Saturday. We're diving with my Girl - Scuba with Alison, and staying in town this time at the B&B Villa Escondida. Haven't stayed there before, but my Austin friends, Sue-Sue & Mike, are regulars there, so we're checking it out. It's across the street from La Choza, so we know at least 1 dinner will be there! In fact we've stayed at Fiesta Americana the last number of trips - even after they went AI on us - so it will be nice to get reacquainted with all our favorite dinner spots .... would love to meet up with you & Ms. Wench ....

Grouper
    sounds great. I will PM you my cell. It is activated for Mexico since I travel their for business.
    Donna has started to get excited, so it is game on.

Images
    There you go, rub it in.....

Grouper
    we could use someoe who knows town well, we been there so many times but spent very little time downtown. beet we are missing the best shops and eats

Not sure if we'll have phone access, but we'll figure out something. Looking forward to meeting you & Donna!

I got shopped out a long time ago, but if I do any shopping, it's usually at the original Los Cincos Soles. I like their quality on pottery and jewelry. Alan has a favorite cigar shop, but that's probably it for him. We're pretty laid back, low key folks. However, if you're looking for an amazing massage, schedule an ashiatsu at 'Barefoot in Cozumel' - Sally is terrific. barefootincozumel.com

We usually hit the plaza on Sunday night after grabbing dinner to listen to music and do some dancing. Most of the places we like to eat are back in 'the hood' rather than the tourist area - like Parilla Mission on 30th, or El Moro back on 75th. Then there's the chicken place - Asadero El Pollo - that does rotisserie chicken up near 70th. The exception in town is La Choza. Darn .... now I'm hungry!! Are we there yet?????

Grouper
    This never fails.
    Looks like we might be lucky though and this thing wont develop until after it passes the island
    .at201397_sat.jpgat201397_model.jpghhmx.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PyrateDiver View Post
    This never fails.
    Looks like we might be lucky though and this thing wont develop until after it passes the island
    .at201397_sat.jpgat201397_model.jpghhmx.jpg
    Should be long gone before we all get there!!

Grouper
    Oh yeah. dodged a bullet
    This happened the trip we got married on. two days before we left a cat 2 hurricane was coming in. It fell apart and by the time we got there no signs of a storm.
    They are going to get some wind and rain, but nothing hurricane zones are not used to

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information