Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's Bad About Bonaire?

TadPole
    What's bad about Bonaire ....

Leaving

and then the actual leaving, really, get there 2 hours early to stand in a line that doesn't move for an hour.

What's bad about Bonaire is... happy hour or rush hour/nite dive?

Barracuda
    Images
    We learned to go to the airport in the morning when there is no crowd. We could pay departure tax, go to air line counter, check in and get tickets, check luggage, then leave. When we would come back later for our flight all we had to do was go through security.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SEMO Scuba View Post
    We learned to go to the airport in the morning when there is no crowd. We could pay departure tax, go to air line counter, check in and get tickets, check luggage, then leave. When we would come back later for our flight all we had to do was go through security.
    SEMO you don't know how stupid this makes make me feel. We usually are on the 3pm flight home. It's always a hassle checking out of the room and then having to deal with a truckload of luggage all day waiting for our flight later that afternoon. I'm really not sure why we never thought about just taking it all to the airport and getting everything checked in and then leave and come back. Duhhhhh.

Snagel

Grouper
    That is actually a good idea anywhere, and one I never thought of. Will give this a go next time in Cozumel. My only concern is it seems they only man the counters there just before a flight.

Barracuda
    We tried checking in early, then leaving airport on our last trip to Roatan. But United decided to open check in counters way later than they normally do, so unfortunately it did not save a whole lot of time waiting at airport.

Grouper
    Last time there, first night, I parked in the lot across from my apartrment and my gas was siphoned. After that I parked with the fill side right against the wall. No more problems. I wonder if I should bring my wireless driveway alarm and set it up to watch my truck this time. Maybe a "Make my day MF" might help to deter - LOL

We could pay departure tax
    You don't pay the departure tax any more separately - it's now included in your ticket price. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the kiosk isn't even there now.

http://www.bonaireinsider.com/index....departure_tax/

This seems to confirm it: http://www.bonairetalk.com/forums/sh...-Departure-Tax

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by diversteve View Post
    You don't pay the departure tax any more separately - it's now included in your ticket price. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the kiosk isn't even there now.

http://www.bonaireinsider.com/index....departure_tax/

This seems to confirm it: http://www.bonairetalk.com/forums/sh...-Departure-Tax
    I didn't know they changed the tax collection process. It was a pain in the butt before.

Images
    I heard they were switching the departure tax to be included in the flight ticket and checked our tickets and sure enough it's in there. I always thought this departure tax thing was such a strange thing. Get you to the island and not let you leave until you pay to leave. Always made me feel like I was being scammed. At least now, I'm still being scammed, but it's not something I'm thinking about.

Megalodon
    Images
    I think about every nation does this. Even the US. I asked about this when I was leaving the UK a few years ago and the agent politely informed me that the exit tax helps pay for the customs agents at the points of departure. He also said given some of the counties he's been to, he's more than happy to pay to leave and would not go there again if he had to pay to go there. Love British logic and humor.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information