Thread: Aladin X Air

Aladin X Air

I was just learning to dive when this came out: http://www.undercurrent.org/UCnow/di...Air200304.html. Apparently the 1995 Aladin X Air was recalled in 2003. The story is that the guys at Uwatec spent a huge effort covering this up for years. I'd never heard about this before today. Anyone else aware of this?
    This signature left intentionally blank

Images
    Wow. What are you going to do about this?
    --Zeagle Eagle

I don't own an Aladin X Air but it makes me wonder if this happened once, what is to stop it from happening again. I've read the stories behind people who got bent following the Aladin X Air and they push the limits more than I THINK I would but I'm doing things today I remember thinking I'd never do, e.g. drift diving in the St. Lawrence River.

What is to say I wouldn't trust my computer to tell me when it was safe to fly or if I have a few more minutes before I go into deco.

When I got my first computer I used tables and keep the computer as a back up. I'd check the computer to see that it was close to what the tables were giving me. I'm on a second computer now but I trust it to work and never compared it to my tables. After reading the story of the Aladin X Air I'm thinking I'll use my tables with my computer for a while just to confirm it is giving me accurate readings.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Banned
    I'll use my tables with my computer for a while just to confirm it is giving me accurate readings.
    link sbo

Thread Information