Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: April 2014 in Key West????

I've seen the sign for the Sea Dell, but never really paid much attention. We like the family that runs Captain Hook's, and like you, when we find a place that is acceptable, we just keep going back!

We do okay with the drive up to Key Largo, and will try to plan 2 or 3 days to dive up there (depending on how long we're staying in the Keys.) We usually try to plan those days during the week so as to not run into the crazy weekend traffic. Up there we dive with Blue Water. We started with them under the previous owner (Key Largo Brent on SB - who now lives in the Texas Hill Country) and stuck with the op when Eric and Christi took over a few years back. Nice, uncrowded boat; 1st booked gets to pick the dive site (unless weather interferes) and they'll go out even if they only have 2 divers. AND we can store our gear with them if we book 2 or 3 dives days with them, which is pretty convenient. We haven't done the drive down to Key West to dive yet.

Shark
    ok... here is the deal... we have many weddings to go to this year and we thought that the vandenburg was out...well Hubby has decided that we can squeeze it in some how!!!!! yay!!!! now we are back to trying to navigate all of the internet overload...

so now my question is where is a good place to stay in key west? and is everything stinking expensive??? I looked up Ibis and it seems rather pricey am I spoiled?? or just cheap??
    God is good, no matter what!!

Shark
    also what is a good dive company in key west??? we had heard good things about SEAduction and apparently they are now 'old news' have been sold a few too many times.. we want to stay on shore and boat dive with the option for a night dive and our main goal is to dive the Vandenburg

Shark
    bump to the top...
    i have found 4 dive shops in key west all seem to say they are the best.. any opinions?

they are....in no particular order
    DIVE KEY WEST
    LOST REEF
    SOUTHPOINT DIVERS
    CAPTAIN'S CORNER
    we have everything else in place but are having trouble deciding on a dive shop

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    I'm diving with Adventure Watersports on 23 thru 25 march, and then with Dive Key West on the 26th. Looking forward to getting wet.
    To those in the miltary who serve, past and present, to protect my freedom, I thank you. I've had a good life so far.

Shark
    Doug, will this be the first time you have gone diving with these 2 companies? and how did you choose them?

Shark
    1 more try then I am buying a pig in a poke.....

I am very surprised that no one on this forum has any experience with key west diving other than liveaboards..

I have found 4 dive companies on line and they are in no particular order...
    DIVE KEY WEST
    LOST REEF
    SOUTHPOINT DIVERS
    CAPTAIN'S CORNER

has anyone gone diving with any of these companies??

Shark
    Well we are home from our trip to Key West.we dove one day with Amy Slate in Key Largo and drove to Key West we signed up to dive with Lost Reef. The people were very nice but there was an awful storm that kept the ocean kicked up to waves of 5 - 8 ft. Soo no diving in key west....boooooo.... We drove up to Key Largo thinking that that might work out....nooooooooo..... Seas were 6 to 10 ft....so. Because of boredom and scuba toys forum I got in touch with ScubaJenny and we dove a blissful hour and forty two minute dive at the Blue Heron bridge.....ahhhhhh so soothing to my soul!!!!! We are now back in cold Pa. In retrospect we could have stayed near the bridge and dove every day... Next time...next time we will dive the Vandenburg...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information