Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So, What's Your 2014 Dive Plans?

Images

So, What's Your 2014 Dive Plans?

Another year is upon us and in the Midwest it is cold and snowy. Perfect time to start thinking about what Dive Trips you are going to make in 2014. For me, I'm hoping to get a few more weekend trips in this year.....

Norfork Lake in Arkansas (that is where our boat is at and we haven't seen our friends at Jordan Marina in a while.
    Table Rock Lake - Haven't been down there in awhile and would like to meet up with several of the forum members down there.
    Bennett Springs - I have until March 1st to get a dive in....maybe I can catch a fairly warm weekend and the flow is good.
    Mermet Springs - Simply love diving at Mermet although it is a pretty long drive for me, but worth it.
    Haigh Quarry - Haven't been there in several years and really need to get back.
    Beaver Lake - It's crazy but I've dove just about every mudhole in the Midwest, but have never dove Beaver Lake.
    Caribbean Trip - ???? We just got back from Bonaire a few weeks ago will need to schedule something for 2014 - Open to suggestions!

So, What's Your Plans?

Moderator ST-Forum Mod PACKRMAN's Avatar
    Images
    We leave for Maui Friday. I want to get a lot of practice in my dry suit then dive Lake Superior. Eastern Caribean planned for July and a little bird has hinted about a Cayman Aggressor trip.
    Originally from the Great White North, I give you...

Florida in February. This summer a couple of Great Lakes dive charters, and a couple of quarry dives, most likely White Star Quarry and Gilboa Quarry. During the summer weekly dives in all of the nearby lakes. Michigan is great for diving with the Great Lakes and all of the local lakes that are nearby.

Grouper
    Along some cliffs in the upper Hudson River (big current), Lake George (Hearthstone, Roger's Rock, Pilot Knob, etc.), any other clear lake within reasonable distance or when camping. SCUBA club is going to either Coz or Grand Cayman - me too. Two road trips this summer - North Carolina and Colorado maybe at the same time. I can probably fit my gear plus my 27cf Faber just in case. Going to try to dive once a week from the club Break the Ice dive through the Roger's Rock Invitational.

Shark
    Packer man... So excited about your trip to Maui!!! Something we thought about doing but it was too late in our dive trip..consider taking a couple of tanks and driving the road to Hana. In Hana there is a closed pier. It has been closed for decades. Lots of people snorkel in the bay. We wanted to dive there and had no gear with us. And on the way to Hana there is a great place to get roasted coconut it's a market place on the left before Hana AND....well... I am a Steeler fan...there is a large sign also on the left...apparently there is a packer fan, they have a big sign in their yard.
    have a most marvelous time on Maui. Oh Charles Lindbergh is buried in Hana. Oh how I miss Maui.
    God is good, no matter what!!

Barracuda
    Images
    Leave for Egypt on th3 13th and will dive Dahab for a week. Also talking of doing Cozumel in july or August with my grandson & brother. Maybe go to clear springs for a quick tune up in summer.

2014 will start off great as Feb 22 we head to COZUMEL for 9 nights!!!! And then we just booked out annual Florida Keys trip for May 29th ....and that's all we've got .... SO FAR!!!!

Grouper
    I've got a place on the upper Hudson River right next to some cliffs with bodacious current that I'm going to explore (once the spring runnoff is done) - it's very clear and I'll be very careful - emphasis on explore. Multiple places on Lake George and any other semi-clear water I can find. Some zero vis volunteer diving for Brant Lake milfgoil remediation. I'm hoping to dive once a week. My club is thinking about Coz or Grand Cayman and this time I'm going.

Shark
    Dive plans.....well, we want to dive the Vandenberg off key west. Children have different ideas. Our exchange student is getting married in Germany in May. Daughter getting married in June in Tennessee...son is in the bullpen talking about a September wedding..ring is being ordered at this moment.....zoo diving is on hold because of some new regulations.....I dis articulated my jaw about 2 months ago and it still gives me fits sometimes when I chew....diving.....hmm..... Diving... Unfortunately diving has lost most of its budget of time and money this year....
    this will be a very good year, although it may be our driest year this century....
    God is good, no matter what!!

Images
    Nothing, I am grounded right now with some medical issues. I haven't been wet in months. I hope to get back to it real soon. I am shriveling up like a California Raisin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkbA3E363So
    --Zeagle Eagle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information