Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DMSO

Barracuda
    Images

DMSO

Has anyone any info on DMSO? It is a linament for horses. Afriend swears by it for her arithisis. I have it in one hand & both knees. I found the FDA couldn't find any bad side effects but no one really wants to jump thru the hoops to get it certified for human use as it is a natrual product & can't be patented ( so no big bucks). I found it at the local ag store.

Megalodon
    Images
    A few side effects include giving the user a strange garlic like odor to their breath and sweat - not to mention that is can give you a very garlic like taste in your mouth. Another problem is that it is a carrier of sorts for other "stuff" so any internally harmful impurities could transported through the skin.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Navy has the scoop. Once upon a time it was going to be the miracle cure.....didn't seem to work as well as expected. If I remember correctly, some drugs were mixed with DMSO for delivery due to how well the DMSO was absorbed through the skin.

Images
    Someday, I'm going to start a thread with only intent is to try and put something up that will stump Navy.

Barracuda
    Images
    So whats wrong with the garlic smell. I eat garlic raw, broiled, smoked, fried , grilled and any way I can especially with olive oil. Now the transporting other bad things thru the skin is not so good as I deal with some nasty chemicals sometimes. Guess I'll find something else for the stiffness.

Navy and snagel are spot on. Check out http://www.quackwatch.org/search/web...D=2&query=DMSO.

By the way, I used to use horse lineament for my arthritis. It heat felt good but really didn't do anything for the actual arthritis.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Shark
    DMSO is the transport medium for meds they need to give to horses. they did find that dmso alone has some soothing properties and used in moderation can be of some help. BUT so can simple massage with lotion. as far as transporting yuckies into your system I would suggest NOT mixing it with oregano or any other look alike product. aspirin mixed with it could be helpful just know that aspirin effects your bleeding time as it has anticoagulent properties. it is also difficult to measure your doses when you use this technique. I have heard of gold shots for treatment of arthritis studies show not effective and very expensive. wax therapy can be helpful and you can do that at home. melt parafin and beeswax and when fully melted immerse your hand into it it gives very deep heat treatment and makes your skin supple and soft. I hear deep saltwater therapy is the best!!!
    God is good, no matter what!!

Megalodon
    Images
    Warm deep saltwater.....

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Barracuda
    Images
    I will be going to a country that is warmer and at the end of it immerse myself in the eastern Red Sea. It is very salty & warm even in Jan. I plan on being in the water as much as I can either diving or snorkelling. They limit diving to 2 dives a day pretty much as some of the sites are a good distance away. But there is shallow reef right in front of the dive op / Hotel so you can see lots there.
    Plus hoping to go to Coz later in the year.

Shark
    I tried using it once. It made me sick as a dog.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information