Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diving around Dallas

Diving around Dallas

Greetings and salutations fellow divers. Since I'm traveling to Dallas every week I'm going to start bringing my dive gear with me and start diving. Getting my tanks and weights on the plane seems like more trouble then it is worth.

Does ScubaToys rental tanks and weights? If no, where can I rent tanks and weights? I have everything else.

Also, if I'm going to head out to CSSP do they fill high pressure (e.g. HP100) or should I just rent AL80s? Any other place good for a weekend dive around Dallas?

Thanks.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Any other place good for a weekend dive around Dallas?
    Flower Gardens on the Fling... http://www.flingcharters.com/

Barracuda
    Images
    scubadiver888 -

there has been a general lack of responses to your post because, the fact is, there is no good diving around dallas. you've already mentioned CSSP, which i would recommend over athens scuba park, but that is it. unless you can find a deep pool.

i've been gone from the are for almost 6 years, but when i was there i rocked steel 120s and CSSP could fill them fine. they also rent gear, so no need to go to a LDS to do that (unless you just want to). you may want to call them.
    i'm not as think as you drunk i am ...

Shark
    I've never been, but I like the sound of Possum Kingdom Lake. That's near Dallas.
    "Time's fun when you're having flies." -Kermit the Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Bigg_Budd View Post
    scubadiver888 -

there has been a general lack of responses to your post because, the fact is, there is no good diving around dallas. you've already mentioned CSSP, which i would recommend over athens scuba park, but that is it. unless you can find a deep pool.

i've been gone from the are for almost 6 years, but when i was there i rocked steel 120s and CSSP could fill them fine. they also rent gear, so no need to go to a LDS to do that (unless you just want to). you may want to call them.
    Thanks Bigg_Budd. I was getting the impression I was going to have to go somewhere not Dallas to do diving. I'll definitely make it out to CSSP. Work is keeping me really busy at the moment but I'm thinking I'll bring all my gear to Dallas over the next few weeks (one piece at a time so I can do carry-on). I have a place just south of ScubaToys and I'm starting to store things here. I'll just need to rent tanks and weights from someone.

Then I have to think about where to go for a weekend. I could drive somewhere Thursday night/Friday morning, go diving for the weekend and drive back to Dallas Sunday afternoon. Or I can consider flying somewhere Thursday night/Friday morning, go diving Friday/Saturday then fly back Sunday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Largo View Post
    I've never been, but I like the sound of Possum Kingdom Lake. That's near Dallas.
    2.5 hour drive? Hmm, I think I'd rather fly 2.5 hours and go to the keys.

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Largo View Post
    i've heard myths about diving possum kingdom, but have never met anyone that has. it's also a good place to hide bodies, so i hear (the Toadies).
    i'm not as think as you drunk i am ...

Booked my flights so I'll be in Dallas for the weekend of July 25-27. Brought some of my equipment to the hotel. I'm going to bring a few pieces each week (regs, lift bag, weight belt, computer, compass, glove, hood this week; BP/W, wetsuit, anything else next week, fins, mask, anything left) so I'll hopefully have all my gear in Dallas by July 20.

I dropped by ScubaToys today to confirm I could drop by the store and use the pool during the week. So the week of the 20th I'll pop up to ScubaToys for lunch and get comfortable with my gear again (do a weight check). Then I'll arrange to rent tanks and weights for the weekend and go to CSSP for the weekend. I'll have to find someone to be my buddy for the weekend. Anyone? Anyone?

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    I am sure I can make it out, either day should be fine. Just drop me a line when we get closer.... Other are welcome as well. I am sure it can get boring watching me poke around with my camera but it is what it is.
    DevilDiver

Cool! I'll take you up on that. I'm happy to watch you poke around with your camera. Maybe I'll learn something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information