Thread: Hog regs

Hog regs

Needing to replace stolen Hollis 212 reg that I loved, there are some great prices on them as well as the Aeris Ion but am intrigued by the Hog regs. They seem to have a great reputation, just wondering how they compare to the Hollis in how well they breath. Was also wondering about the size of the second stage. Are they as large as the scubapro g250, Really like the compact size of my wives Proton metal second stage. Also this would be first time with a Din setup, never used one before. Have an interest in getting into some tech diving, but it will be a while yet, just wanted to know how cumbersome the yoke adapter really was since most of my diving will be warm water destinations with rental yoke tanks, at least for the near future.Thanks much for any advice.

Hi aeronca,

Where are you located? Maybe you can check out a local shop to see about trying out the regs. I don't know hog regs but when I was thinking about different regs I dropped by a few shops and tried out the regs I was considering. Ended up with a set of Poseidon regs. The shop I rented them from agreed to rent me the regs and if I liked them they would knock the price of the rental off the price of the regs.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Thanks for the reply, yeah that would work well, its just that I live on an Island in the PNW and getting to Seattle is an event in itself for the next few months (my busy time of year). Like I said have a friend with the aeris and he has used my hollis regs before and he said they breath pretty much the same. I ve seen the ion in shops and was impressed by how compact it is. My wife has a mares proton metal and I really like how compact the second stage is. Have found the hollis and aeris on sale at a few places right now so was thinking of jumping on it before it ends, but was always interested in the Hog so I thought I would see what info is out there. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by scubadiver888 View Post
    Hi aeronca,

Where are you located? Maybe you can check out a local shop to see about trying out the regs. I don't know hog regs but when I was thinking about different regs I dropped by a few shops and tried out the regs I was considering. Ended up with a set of Poseidon regs. The shop I rented them from agreed to rent me the regs and if I liked them they would knock the price of the rental off the price of the regs.

Thread Information