Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is ScubaToys no longer Scubapro Authorized Dealer

Guppy

Is ScubaToys no longer Scubapro Authorized Dealer

I see all the Scubapro stuff is on clearance and in limited sizes. Has ST ended it relationship with Scubapro?

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    I would say yes. You'll have to ask ST for the particulars.
    John Lewis--the PlatypusMan!

Guppy
    Images
    No big deal. Scubapro is highly over rated and over priced. They have been living off their reputation for years. Their equipment is adequate but nothing special and not worth the prices they charge.

Guppy
    Scubapro makes awesome regulators that are a real value.... when picked up on eBay for 1/3 of the price.

Images
    I don't think ScubaPro regs are over rated. They have come tops in most of the gear reviews for years. I love my MK25/S600 reg setup as well as the Air 2. Nothing better for the money as far as I am concerned and it has served me well. Their jet fins are also top rated. As a matter of fact most of their product line is well made and durable. It's true they are pricing themselves out of the market however. There is a lot of competition out there and people are not bowing down to the ScubaPro name as much. I can think of several other manufacturers that are making very competitive products at a much lower price point.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Guppy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chrpai View Post
    Scubapro makes awesome regulators that are a real value.... when picked up on eBay for 1/3 of the price.
    A 1/3 of the price? I have picked up SP MK5, MK3, R109, and R108HPs for about $20 or less and restored them to perfect working order. These are as good or better then anything SP has on the market today. These are the regs that made SPs reputation, a reputation they are still living off of today.

Guppy
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    I don't think ScubaPro regs are over rated. They have come tops in most of the gear reviews for years. I love my MK25/S600 reg setup as well as the Air 2. Nothing better for the money as far as I am concerned and it has served me well. Their jet fins are also top rated. As a matter of fact most of their product line is well made and durable. It's true they are pricing themselves out of the market however. There is a lot of competition out there and people are not bowing down to the ScubaPro name as much. I can think of several other manufacturers that are making very competitive products at a much lower price point.
    As I said earlier their equipment is adequate, nothing more. The only reason they get top ratings is that they advertise with the mags doing the ratings.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Keller View Post
    As I said earlier their equipment is adequate, nothing more. The only reason they get top ratings is that they advertise with the mags doing the ratings.
    and you know this because?
    --Zeagle Eagle

Megalodon
    Images
    Actually, the inflated ratings were part of the demise of Skin Diver Magazine. I'm not saying that ScubaPro was a large subscriber to that mentality, but it was an easy jump to make. Every issue that had huge ads for a new product were usually accompanied by a very favorable review of that new equipment. It wasn't just SP, but USD, Dacor, Nikonos, etc. were in there for their pound as well. My revelation came when I got the Dacor Nautilus. The reviews were saying it was the next best thing to sliced bread, it was evident to me that shenanigans were had on the first pool dive I did. The darned thing would literally slosh water back and forth in the hard shell on the dive. They also didn't talk about the issue with wetsuit squeeze and loss of buoyancy at depth.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Administrator "Forum Admin"
    ST-Forum Mod
    Scubapro to me has always been the "Go Hard or Go Home" kind of equipment. They have extremely nice equipment as long as you get the high end equipment but if you don't you might as well go with another brand. Their middle of the line gear is not as nice as most other brands top end and it still cost the same if not more. The lower end gear is mostly older patents that they bought off other manufacturers and stamped the big "S" on it. We have tried to deal with the brand multiple times in the past but people don't care these days about brand names as much as they do quality. I would rather carry twice as much gear with same quality for the same price.
    Thanks,
    Joey

Scubatoys Product Manager
    1609 S. I-35 E
    Carrollton, TX 75006
    972-820-7667
    joey@scubatoys.com
    www.scubatoys.com
    Like us on
    Facebook.com/Scubatoys
    For deals, news and Discounts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast