Thread: Fins for my daughter

Fins for my daughter

Do you guys have any suggestions for brands and models of fins that have worked well for your kids.......my daughter is 14.....5'1"........91lbs.....we will definitely try on before we buy........there are too many to choose from.....I am hoping to narrow down the list with the help of you guys

Thanks for your help
    Jesus is the Way,the Truth and the Light.

Images
    Give us more info please. Is she a one time diver? Is she an avid diver? What sort of budget are you looking at. Is she already certified?
    --Zeagle Eagle

She just got certified.......she is just starting.........budget around 100.......but if there are some cheaper that someone recommends that would be great.

Thanks again

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    I think that any fins will be fine as long as she likes them. Just keep in mind that she will probably outgrow them in a couple years.
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Images
    My 10 year old just got certified a couple of weeks ago. She has a cheap pair of Aqualung fins I bought at Wal-Mart. The fins came with a mask which I had to throw out as I could never get it to stop fogging. The fins and mask cost me about $20 bucks. They are full foot fins; but, she uses a pair of size- small booties that fit inside the full foot just fine. She loves them. She mostly does the bicycle when diving and has little appreciation for a good pair of fins. I don't worry about her walking on the bottom while snorkeling or her losing them. Oh yeah, it came with a piece of junk snorkel too, which I promptly threw out. She uses one of my old "dry" snorkels. Go cheap until you are sure they are going to love the sport and be in it for awhile. When she is ready, I will buy her a pair of Scuba Pro Twin jets on ST's forum or eBay. They run around $85 used.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Thread Information