Thread: Cam Buckle Assembly Instructions

Images

Cam Buckle Assembly Instructions

I have been living vicariously through my 10 year old daughter. She recently got PADI Junior Open Water Diver certified in Cozumel with a 4 day course. She is a fish in the water; but, has some problems with the book work. I have been working with her for several weeks to upgrade her PADI C card to "Daddy" standards. I ran across this on the Scuba Board forum. It is the best depiction of threading a cam band I have ever seen. Kudos to Akimbo for his hard work on making this. I hope he doesn't mind me sharing it with this forum.

Cam Buckle Assembly Instructions

The attached files contain step-by-step instructions, illustrations, and images for lacing webbing through cam buckles. There are some excellent videos on the Web, but there are times when the portability of a hard-copy, higher resolution, and the option of editing are desirable.

These files are in the public domain and can be edited, reformatted, translated, copied, and distributed without royalties or credits. Anyone including individuals, instructors, clubs, and shops can use all or part as desired. The content of all three files are identical:

CamBand-A4.pdf Adobe Acrobat file formatted to Metric A4 paper size. ~830 KB

CamBand-Ltr.pdf Adobe Acrobat file formatted to US 8 x 11" letter size. ~830 KB

CamBand.doc This file is easily edited with most word processing and publishing programs. Illustrations are in vector format so resolution is not compromised by resizing. Images/photographs have moderate resolution to keep file size reasonable. ~1.77 MB
    --Zeagle Eagle

Guppy
    Images
    You might also try Dive Rite TV they have a good video that shows cam band threading.
    If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway.

Images
    Great video. Thanks Steveo http://www.diverite.com/tv/other/21
    --Zeagle Eagle

Thread Information