Thread: stupid incident at Dutch

Barracuda Founding Member

stupid incident at Dutch

This past weekend 6 of us were doing our OW dives for HSA buddy/instructor certs. The 6 divers consisted of 1 instructor 4 DM's and 1 AOW diver. We split into 2 groups each with an HSA instructor and a HSA course director.

We each moved through the required dive maneuvers, blind diver, paraplegic diver which were accomplished in the shallow area runnning south from the stairs. The last and most complex is the quadriplegic exercise where 2 buddies perform a controlled descent with a diver unable to use arms or legs. This requires buddies handling all issues, from equalization to descent control. The 3 students and an instructor reached one of the then empty platforms. We descended along a line at a very controlled slow rate. Just after we arrived and began to swim the "quadriplegic" around the platform, an instructor wearing a purple leopard skin exposure suit, started waving her instructor slates at us trying to push us off the platform. The 4 of us stared in amazement and carried on our class but she continued to get annoyed. I waved her off which really pissed her off, and she started pointing to herself then me then the surface as if to say she would deal with me on the surface.

Just then her group started to arrive and we completed our tour, and began the controlled ascent.

We moved 10 feet to the next platform just so we could finish what we were there for, but she never did reach out to me at the surface and I was easily identified since I was probably the only one wearing a 3mil shorty at Dutch this Sunday.

The 4 of us laughed off the stupidity of it.
    'in media stat virtus'
    Virtue's in the middle

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    You have more restraint than me. I would have saught her out on the surface and chewed off half her ass in front of her students so that she was WELL aware that she didn't own that body of water, or demand how others conduct their own dives or dive training.
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Barracuda
    Images
    think of it as another variable that you had to control while getting the disabled diver up. sounds like you and your buddy handled yourselves well. good training...

btw, a purple leopard suit = douchebag. she should be flogged for that alone. i bet she was wearing split fins, too (j/k).
    i'm not as think as you drunk i am ...

Shark
    Was she hot?
    "Time's fun when you're having flies." -Kermit the Frog

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigg_Budd View Post
    a purple leopard suit = douchebag. she should be flogged for that alone. i bet she was wearing split fins, too (j/k).
    Agreed!

Quote Originally Posted by Largo View Post
    Was she hot?
    LOL!
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Grouper
    Sadly, that sort of behavior happens a lot at Dutch. There's a small number of instructors who think they own the platforms. Thankfully, most of the instructors who use the site are polite and will wait for you to finish before descending with their class.

Barracuda Founding Member
    The funny part is 2 of the "students" were instructors that regularly teach at Dutch. We were all comfortable enough, first to ignore her and 2nd to laugh it off.
    'in media stat virtus'
    Virtue's in the middle

Grouper
    Images
    I would also like to know if she was hot. There is the crazy, hot factor that needs to be applied here.

Thread Information