Thread: Howdy from Tulsa

Howdy from Tulsa

Hey everyone I have been visiting Scuba Board, then a friend of mine said to sign up to Scuba toys. I hope to make a trip to Athens Scuba park soon and visit the store come spring.
    Another reason is to see what people are saying about the brigade b/c compared to the ranger. I'm looking to do extended range diving soon and was thinking about the Dive Right transpac the Zeagle Ranger or Scuba Toys / Zeagle Brigade. Something that will accommodate doubles easily.
    To be honest I have no desire to cave dive. I just like the really really deep stuff. I have alot to learn and can always take tips and advice on things.
    I'm also in the market for 34lb bladder for my Scout if anyone knows where to get one cheap. I spent $300.00 bucks on the B/C a while back and don't want to spend $250.00 for a bladder I'm only going to use durning the winter. Enough about my wants hope to be pointed in the right direction. Thanks

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Great to have you here! We do our weekends out at Clear Springs Scuba Park instead of Athens, as we get a bit more depth.. Down to about 50 feet or so instead of 20 or so. We have a big pavilion out there and you are welcome to stop by and hang there. We've got picnic tables, extra gear in case you have a problem with any of your stuff, a grill that gets fired up now and then, etc. If you give a shout to the shop, and let us know when you might be out there, we can probably snag a zeagle for you to try out while you're there. Take it for a spin off our dock there and see what you think!

That'd be awesome. I am going with the Aquanuats. I haven't been to Athens but like you said I've heard it's fairly shallow. The next time I get around Rick or Todd I'll ask when we'll be heading down there. Thanks for the invite.

DiverDan28,

I'm in Dallas for work. I am originally from Canada but have been on ScubaToys for 6 years. When I got down here this summer I stopped into the ScubaToys store and they told me about CSSP (Clear Springs Scuba Park). So I went out there and gave it a try. Met some people at the ScubaToys pavilion. Try out gear I purchased from ScubaToys and had a great time. I've since bought a few only pieces of equipment from ScubaToys and went out to CSSP again. I think you should take Larry up on trying out the zeagle.

If you are going out there this weekend, DUI is going to be there doing demos of their drysuits. It isn't free but it is cheap and you get fed. Check out http://www.dui-online.com/demo-tour/...emotour-event/. I've never used a drysuit. So if you come out Saturday you could be in for a good laugh.
    Last edited by scubadiver888; 11-11-2014 at 11:49. Reason: fixed grammatical errors
    This signature left intentionally blank

Shark Founding Member
    Enid, Oklahoma (no longer living the desert life)
    Images
    Welcome to the forum from a couple hours to your west!
    Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Thread Information