Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Window 8 ????

Barracuda
    Images
    My brother ( computer Nerd) has my windows 8 computer & is trying to figure out how to keep it from signing onto the cloud when I look at it. I don't want to store anything on the cloud. I use the computer for photo's of trips & my family. I don't want them out there for someone to look thru. I do have a face book account ( don't use it much) but my wife advised me that my sister had friended someone I consider a wierd O. I looked at my account & it said he had "poked" me. Not sure what that means but I figured out how to block him from me. I told my sister to unfriend him as he is not to be trusted.
    Maybe I'll get my computer back and figure out how to store stuff on it and use it. I hated windows 7 at first but grew to like it.

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    Unix for programmers
    Mac for as long as it looks good and costs a lot
    Windows for the other 98% of the population that actually gets some work done

Bring it.
    OS X is used by many professionals. The physics department at my university almost exclusively uses mac's because they need a unix based OS to run most of their modeling software and while mac is more expensive, they're a lot easier to service commercially and to work with for people who aren't necessarily the most computer savvy.

That said, I have a healthy lack of a respect for people that use their mac as a $2000 facebook machine.

So some people have legitimate reasons for choosing OS X over windows or unix

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information