Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CREE XM-L T6 2000lm Lumen High Power Waterproof Underwater diving Torch LED

Images

CREE XM-L T6 2000lm Lumen High Power Waterproof Underwater diving Torch LED

I am thinking about ordering this light. It's $16 bucks with free shipping. It says 2000 lumen; however, I saw a you tube that says it was closer to 650 lumens. I am thinking you can't go wrong for $16 bucks.

Thoughts?
    --Zeagle Eagle

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    Link?

The search I tried came back with 100's of lights.

There are sooo many of these out on the market now, not sure how they stack up for quality and durability. Not sure about the waterproof claims on some of these either, especially the ones out of China.
    DevilDiver

I bought a similar light from dx.com (http://www.dx.com/p/richfire-sf-749-...0#.VLCw-mTF9Wg) and it claims to be only 700 to 800 lumens. One Cree T6 led and a single 18650 battery. DX claims it is theoretically 800 lumens but practically 700 lumens. So I find it hard to believe your light is 2000 lumens. The rumors from YouTube are probably correct that it is more like 650 lumens. Still 650 lumens for $16 isn't bad.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by scubadiver888 View Post
    Still 650 lumens for $16 isn't bad.
    Depends on what they mean by "waterproof". Not leaking in the rain is a lot different than not leaking at 130 feet. To many companies "waterproof" means no leaks with a short submersion at the surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Charon View Post
    Depends on what they mean by "waterproof". Not leaking in the rain is a lot different than not leaking at 130 feet. To many companies "waterproof" means no leaks with a short submersion at the surface.
    That is the question. I know when I ordered my light from DX the site clearly pointed out that the light was theoretically 800 lumens but you were more likely to get 700 lumens from it. They also said it was good for scuba diving with a 60m (195 feet) working depth. The lumen numbers they are giving were close to the numbers I found searching the net. So I feel comfortable believing the working depth is probably true.

The light Zeagle Eagle found is claiming 2000 lumens. That is probably a lie. So if they are lying about the lumens can we trust them about the working depth? Maybe Zeagle Eagle wants to check out the light I bought. I've used it and it seems pretty good. I have had it submerged for over an hour and it still works fine. Not a drop of water inside the light.

I should warn anyone buying a light from DX, they have free shipping but the service they use is HORRIBLY slow. It took me something like 37 days to get my light.

P.S. I just looked at DX for all the dive lights and found the light Zeagle Eagle found: http://www.dx.com/p/new-608-cree-xm-...2#.VLFbhWTF9Wg.

They are claiming it is 800 lumens and 60m depth. That is a good sign. However DX is selling it for $9.18. It should be noted that it has a plastic lens (more likely to get scratched and reduce lumens over time) and it is using an aluminum COATED reflector. If the coating wears off it will not be as reflective.
    Last edited by scubadiver888; 01-10-2015 at 12:09. Reason: saw the same light on DX

Images
    I have done business with this company before and it does take 3 weeks to a month to get anything. I have had good stuff from them.

Here's the stats they are claiming:

Item Type:Flashlights
    Lumen:2000
    Charger:Rechargeable
    Brand Name:OEMBody
    Material:Aluminum
    Light Source:LED Bulbs
    Zoom:No
    Wattage:1-10wBattery
    Type:18650Certification:CCC,CE,RoHS
    Waterproof:Yes
    Color:Black,Light YellowLighting
    Distance:200-500 mSwitch
    Mode:Zoom InSupport
    Dimmer0:Single file
    Function:Shock Resistant
    Body Color:Yellow Model of LED
    Beads:T6Focal
    Length:Non-adjustable Flashlight
    TypeiverModel Number:LFL-0177

I will give a report after I get it.
    Last edited by Zeagle Eagle; 01-10-2015 at 13:36.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    100% Brand New
    Color: Fluorescent yellow
    LED: CREE XM-L T6
    Power: 1 X 18650 3.7V Battery
    The main purpose: Diving
    Diving depth: <=50m
    Size : 123mm x 36mm(Head Dia)/27mm(body Dia).
    Weight : 90g.
    Light mode: Strong, weak light, blasting flash
    Switch mode: Rotary switch (This is the rotary switch design,tightening the head of flashlight and the lamp light is open.
    and then to the right loosening some,the lamp light is closed. and then to left tightening will open again.
    so continuous operation can be 3 file dimmer. )
    This product is convenient and practical for family standing
    Special operational needs (such as levee patrol, inspection, search, site inspection, security, first aid at sea, night observable, etc.)
    Outdoor activities (hiking, camping, hunting, survival, hiking, dive sea, Chuigou, etc.)
    Main Features: reflector / lens / light cup
    High quality can be used for more than 100,000 hours, which eliminates the trouble of replacing the lamp

Suitable for Self Safety, hunting, cycling, climbing, camping and outdoor activity.......

Useage:
    Professional requirements(Appreciation jewelry,bet stone)
    Special work(Patrol,raid,on-site inspection,security,Marine emergency)

Notice:
    Please remove the batteries when not being used.
    Please don't irradiate it to eyes,especially for children,children are lovely.
    It may cause temporary blindness for the harsh light of flashlight.

Package include:
    1 x Diving T6 Flashlight/Torch
    1 x Wristband
    2 x 18650 Rechargeable batteries
    1 x Car Charger
    1 x DC Charger (Please message about choosing the type of plug EU or US , otherwise, we can only Random mailed goods)
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    and just in case I have to pull levee patrol, this flashlight is recommended. Don't you just love some of the "instructions"?????????????
    --Zeagle Eagle

I like the fact they acknowledge that "children are lovely."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information