Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coz Again

Barracuda
    Images

Coz Again

My brother & I have started to put it together to go to Coz in Aug. We're hoping our sister will come down with us to atleast try the discover scuba dive. She snorkeled as a teenager and has snorkeled in the past 3 years. Her husband may or not come down. Maybe we can get her certified and get her back to Egypt to dive. We haven't thrown Egypt out the door yet. We decided to go back to Dive Paradise and Hotel Cozumel as we like location and rooms. To many days to even think of and we don't have dates yet.

On a plane in 10 days .....

Grouper Founding Member
    only 9 days !!
    As long as you can breathe, you're still alive

Images

Need Weather Report for Cozumel, please

Anyone in Cozumel? Can you give a weather report? The National Weather says rain and thunderstorms for the next 5 days. I would like to shoot down there tomorrow; but, if it's going to rain the entire time I will try somewhere else.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    Still need that weather report COZ guys. They are probably too busy drinking adult beverages with the umbrellas in them.

Well booked my flight, hotel reservations made, now all I have to do is show up at the airport at "Oh Dark Thirty" for a 2 hour and 20 minute ride. I sure hope my knee holds up after the surgery.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Barracuda
    Images
    Zeagle, I double knee replacement and went diving in a pool about 5 months after the second one. lasted 45 minutes in an eight foot deep pool. BOOOOORING!!!!!!!
    But was able to swim. My problems is getting out because I can't kneel yet due to pain.

Images
    I have both knees operated on; but, they were two years apart. I have been doing rehab and can do 10 minutes on an elliptical cycle. I can kneel on the left one; but, very gingerly on the right one. Hope all is well.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    sitting at the gate in Houston waiting to board our flight to Cozumel

Barracuda
    Images
    Have a great time. Let us know how the knees work on getting out of the water. Also what kind of boat/ ladder setup you use. Wish I was there but will just have to wait.

Grouper
    Images
    I am in the middle of booking atm. It sure pays to shop around. I got a quote for 12 days at Scuba Club and at Blue Angel

Scuba Club wants $2472.82 for 12 nights / 11 dive days / 3 meals daily / single room / 1 diver

Blue Angel wants $2110 for the same but 10 days and only breakfast.

I am booking at Iberostar which is much better than either of the other two by ratings and quality. $1500 all inclusive for 12 days

Dive with Martin 10 days two tank dives $600 (give or take a buck). They will pick me up at the Iberostar dock and drop me off. Keep in mind Iberostar is in the Marine park so no long boat ride.

I am actually toying with splitting my stay up with 4 days on the mainland and doing some Cenotes with an English guide I met a couple years back. It’s strange no matter how I split it 6 days Coz 6 days’ mainland 8 and 4 how ever it comes out to $1500. I priced it in the Gran Serinis on the mainland which is a pretty good hotel; actually better than Iberostar Cozumel

It pays to shop around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information