Thread: NTSRA at Clear Springs Scuba Park

NTSRA at Clear Springs Scuba Park

The North Texas Scuba Retailers Association is going to be at Clear Springs Scuba Park today from 10am to 2pm. I'm going to be heading out there and hanging out with the Diving Rebels Scuba Club. Hopefully I'll find someone to go diving with me as well. Haven't been wet since January so it will be nice to get in the water.

I'll be wearing a grey Diving Rebels Scuba Club t-shirt if you want to come out and find me. Should be there around 10am.

http://clearspringsscubapark.com/NTSRA-FUN-DIVE.HTML
    This signature left intentionally blank

Just got back from diving at Clear Springs Scuba Park. The turn out for North Texas Scuba Retailers wasn't very good. A few of the shops where out there to conduct OW classes. A guy from light company and someone from Mares were there but nothing special. The Diving Rebels and Scubadillos were out there however. Lots of divers so a group of us (AOW, DM, two OW and me) got out in the water and swam around for a little. The two OW divers got certified in CSSP but the visibility was a lot better at that time. Today the vis was around 5 feet.

Had lots of fun. This was dive 6 for the OW divers and it showed. It was lots of fun helping them get better. Helped me to practice my Divemaster skills. Keeping out of the student way, keeping close enough (5 foot vis) to see the whole group but not let anyone kick me. I think I did pretty good. Got a little too much sun. So my face is a little burnt but still had a great time. Felt good to get back in the water. Haven't been diving in January.

Don't have my computer with me right now (still in the car with the rest of my gear) but I remember seeing the temp was 82F above 15 feet. When I got down on the deck of the sail boat it felt like 60F. A little chilly in my 3mm but still a lot warmer than 45F back in Canada.

The Rebels are going out for a fun dive on Saturday, June 13th and I plan on being there as well. One of the instructors at Scubadillos said he was going to be out there finishing off someone's OW on Saturday, June 20th. So I'm thinking about going out on the 20th as well. Anyone wanting to go for a dive let me know and we can buddy.

Barracuda
    Images
    SD888 thanks for the report. Wish I could get there for the 20th but previous comminment rears it head. Maybe in july. I am kinda handicapped right now as I have a hard time removing my fins & walking on rough ground due double knee replacement & weight. Am working on it. But if you don't mind helping at the end of a dive I will try to make it. My brother /dive partner may come also if available.

Images
    I had my wife put on and take off my fins. I had knee surgery as well. Worked good.
    BTW, any place to plug in an RV?
    --Zeagle Eagle

Images
    What's the best way to get there from the Lake Conroe area?
    --Zeagle Eagle

Barracuda
    Images
    Zeagle check out thier website as it will give that info. We stayed at a motel in Terrell. Coming from Houston area take I 45 to I635 head east to Hwy 80 or I 20 to terrell then follow thier map or google earth. Last time I was there the water was way low, should be full now.

Quote Originally Posted by mcr0112 View Post
    SD888 thanks for the report. Wish I could get there for the 20th but previous comminment rears it head. Maybe in july. I am kinda handicapped right now as I have a hard time removing my fins & walking on rough ground due double knee replacement & weight. Am working on it. But if you don't mind helping at the end of a dive I will try to make it. My brother /dive partner may come also if available.
    As long as work doesn't get in the way I'm usually around the Dallas area. I'm trying to think if there is any where which isn't rough ground. There are platforms with ladders all over the place but many of the places I use have a short walk down a hill to get to the platforms. I'm always happy to help if you ever decide you want to go for a dive (Clear Springs or some where else if you know a better spot).

The water levels are a LOT higher. The platform near the ScubaToys pavilion was so high above the water it wasn't save to do a giant stride. I wasn't there Sunday but I could see it and it looks a LOT closer to the water surface.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    I had my wife put on and take off my fins. I had knee surgery as well. Worked good.
    BTW, any place to plug in an RV?
    Like mcr0112 said, it is best to check out the website at http://clearspringsscubapark.com/. I know there is a spot they rent where you can park an RV but I don't know if it has any hook ups for water or electricity.

It is around 3.5 hours from Lake Conroe. Not sure if it is worth the drive. Maybe I should head down to Houston and we can go diving the Gulf.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mcr0112 View Post
    Zeagle check out thier website as it will give that info. We stayed at a motel in Terrell. Coming from Houston area take I 45 to I635 head east to Hwy 80 or I 20 to terrell then follow thier map or google earth. Last time I was there the water was way low, should be full now.
    Thanks for the routing
    --Zeagle Eagle

Thread Information