Thread: Dissasembling my console

TadPole

Dissasembling my console

2015-06-28 10.41.00.jpg

I bought this honker from Scuba Toys last year. It's great, but just too big (and heavy.)

How do I disassemble it? All I want is to clip off the SPG to my BC and put the compass in a wrist mount.

Since it's a console SPG, you'll probably find that it's in a plastic housing when you get it out. With a pretty exposed connection. Most people who clip off SPG's use a brass/glass model since they're more durable. So put it in a boot mount.

The depth gauge looks like a Sherwood so they're a standard size and I'd guess the SPG is also even though it's not Sherwood branded. On their website click Gauges then Navigational console. This link if it works:
    http://sherwoodscuba.com/product.php...d=156&cat_id=5

Then scroll thru the pictures and they'll show both an SPG boot mount and a wrist mount option with part #'s. Also what the gauges look like bare.

Someone else on SB just did something similar with theirs after I showed him the pieces. Different console than yours but likely the same idea.

I don't know that model but normally you just heat the console a little in water and flex it to pop the gauges out. Then undo the SPG connection - you'll need a new hose also. The Sherwood boot comes with one.

Some places - including Scubatoys - also sell a compass wrist mount. Some of those are deeper than the standard gauge boots also - I can't tell if yours is one of them. If you can view it from the side under the bezel it probably is.

Shark
    You should be able to get a rubber "housing" for the SPG that will give it a little more protection. I know that Tusa sells one.
    "Time's fun when you're having flies." -Kermit the Frog

Shark
    You should be able to get a rubber "housing" for the SPG that will give it a little more protection. I know that Tusa sells one.
    They're not expensive, $5 or $10.
    "Time's fun when you're having flies." -Kermit the Frog

Thread Information