Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New member - Hello All

Thanks Gary. This is good to know.
    This signature left intentionally blank

TadPole
    Questions please.
    I have a scuba business, Padi Instruction and Fun dive excursions.
    Can this be posted on this website?
    If so, where is posting appropriate?
    Is this a diver only type forum?
    Thank you

The thread http://forum.scubatoys.com/showthread.php?t=22084 pretty much sums up the rules for this place. The only thing which goes unwritten is if ScubaToys has a problem with what you are posting, they'll remove it. If the members of the forum have a problem with what you are posting they'll give you a hard time about it. No one is looking to have a bunch of rules that companies can game. You do something annoying or stupid and you will be called out.

I remember one of the members moved to the Caribbean to be a dive instructor. He posted were he was working and if anyone came by they should say hi. He wasn't trying to advertise the shop he worked for.

I've also seen someone ask if there is a good shop to dive with in different places and people have given their recommendations. Sometimes people who actually work there have said where they work and to drop by. No real marketing, just fellow divers saying, I work at XXX, come check us out.

In other words, formal advertising will not be taken well but if it is just divers talking to divers then it usually goes well. I kind of image it as if you were invited to a friend's party. If people start asking me about diving they might find out I worked at a shop in Canada. If they respected my opinion and wanted a good dive operator in the St. Lawrence I might tell them check out XXX. Not really advertising because I would recommend it to any of my friends. On the other hand, if people I don't really know are talking about scuba diving and I interrupt the conversation to tell them the best dive operator in Canada and how they can get a 10% discount if they mention my name you can imagine the reaction from the group. I'd be the obnoxious guy at the party no one wants to talk with. Same sort of thing happens here.
    This signature left intentionally blank

TadPole
    Thank you, I will try to play nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information