Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shipping tanks from Canada to Dallas

Thanks diversteve. I checked AACargo and it costs more to ship with them than using UPS. I'll check with Fedex Ground to see if they can do better than UPS. I'll also pop into UPS and Fedex office in Toronto and see if I can see any savings. Maybe if I can drop it off at a store in Toronto and pick them up at a store in Dallas I can save a few bucks.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Here in the states UPS has a $6.50 scheduled pickup charge - all your packages under one charge.

I don't think they add-on for delivery so you might as well let them drop them at your residence. Hold for Pickup is considered a value-added service - although free.

You could also try https://www.uship.com/ - the more flexible you can be on pickup/delivery dates the more likely the rate could be cheaper. Ever watch Shipping Wars on A&E - it's where they get their loads. Often they make multiple pickup/deliveries en-route to increase utilization of their vehicle. Not sure if 3 tanks are worth anyone's time though at under $300.

Administrator "Forum Admin"
    ST-Forum Mod
    Hi guys,

We have been in search for a good steel tank supplier for quite some while. We are a dealer for the Faber steel tanks but in the past we have learned that the interest for Faber tanks is just not there anymore. Worthington backed out of the US Steel market a few years ago I believe due to rising taxes and export fees. So they closed the US distribution center. Hopefully we will find a new supplier but havn't heard of anything as of yet. We do however offer Hydrostatic testing as well as visual inspections on steel tanks. I would be happy to assist any of your tank service needs.
    Thanks,
    Joey

Scubatoys Product Manager
    1609 S. I-35 E
    Carrollton, TX 75006
    972-820-7667
    [email protected]
    www.scubatoys.com
    Like us on
    Facebook.com/Scubatoys
    For deals, news and Discounts!

Joey,

I was going to call but maybe you can answer me here so others will have the information...

How much would it cost to get steel tanks hydrostatically tested?
    Does the price include inspecting the valves?
    Is there routine servicing you do on the valves when you do a hydro?
    Does hydrostatic testing include a visual inspection and tank fill?

Thanks.

Administrator "Forum Admin"
    ST-Forum Mod
    Steel Tank Hydrostatic testing is $45.00
    The hydro does include inspecting of the valve but does not include the service to rebuild or service it. That would be extra.
    There is no routine service for the valve during Hydro. We can do a service on the valve upon request while it is in for Hydro however with today's prices for valves it may just make more sense to replace the valve every couple of years. The Service on a valve is $15.00 and the service kit is another $15.00 which is a total of $30.00 and you can buy a new valve for $45.00. Of course I am referring to the standard Thermo valve. That does not apply to all valves.
    The Hydro does include the visual inspection and a fill.
    Thanks,
    Joey

Scubatoys Product Manager
    1609 S. I-35 E
    Carrollton, TX 75006
    972-820-7667
    [email protected]
    www.scubatoys.com
    Like us on
    Facebook.com/Scubatoys
    For deals, news and Discounts!

Cool. I'm going back to Canada tomorrow and see if I can ship three Worthington cylinders here. Should have them sometime next week and bring them in for service on 24th.

Then I have to see if anyone wants to buy an HP119 (123 cu.ft. of gas). This is way too much air for me around here. I used to use it when I was penetrating wrecks below 100 feet.
    Last edited by scubadiver888; 07-15-2015 at 18:25.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information