Thread: Another local (Ft Worth)!

TadPole

Cool Another local (Ft Worth)!

Hi all,
    I'm new to diving--doing my pool sessions tonight and tomorrow then open water next weekend!

A good friend of mine is an instructor and we've been talking about this for nearly a year. I'm very excited to get into the water!

Welcome aboard Is_907. Maybe I'll see you around some time. I'm occasionally out at Clear Springs Scuba Park with the Scubadillos or Diving Rebels (scuba clubs).
    This signature left intentionally blank

TadPole
    Quote Originally Posted by scubadiver888 View Post
    Welcome aboard Is_907. Maybe I'll see you around some time. I'm occasionally out at Clear Springs Scuba Park with the Scubadillos or Diving Rebels (scuba clubs).
    Awesome! I'll be at Clear Springs on the 25th and 26th with a group from the shop running my cert (sorry, I like buying from ScubaToys but there's a shop a lot closer to home that my instructor buddy works with). (Not sure if it's kosher to name other shops on ST's forum.)

Don't know what I'm doing 25th and 26th but I should be in the Dallas area. I usually go over to the ScubaToys pavilion and see if I can find a buddy.

ScubaToys is pretty reasonable. No one has tried flat out advertising on here but members of the forum have occasionally mentioned other shops. The one thing I find is that ScubaToys has some pretty good deals from time to time (more often than other shops in the DFW area) and the service is amazing. They really do try to earn your business. That said, when I worked at a shop in Canada I got an employee discount. So I could usually get things cheaper than buying mail order from ScubaToys. Occasionally, I'd still find they had things cheaper than the store I worked at, even with my employee discount.

I'm just really happy now that ScubaToys is the closest shop to me now. Close, convenient, great service and low prices.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Barracuda
    Images
    Welcome IS-907. We all have shops nearer than Scuba Toys and if people don't use them them they will dissapear. I will say that Scubatoys has really good service along with prices. On the other hand my LDS carries items that ST doesn't so I do both. Ask a question here & you will get answers & opinons also.

Thread Information