Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hollis Biodry

Hollis Biodry

Hey everyone, I'm in the market for a drysuit and was wanting others reviews on the Hollis Biodry. Preferably the good and the bad.
    I called the shop today and spoke with someone who gave me some good advice on undergarments. Thanks for that.
    This will be my first dry suit so any other advice is greatly appreciated.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and your feet will be tired too.

I was looking at the Hollis Biodry as well. For $1000 it is really nicely priced. I am actually thinking about dropping into the store on Saturday and buying one. I was going to go for a trilaminate. The crushed neoprene can be a little warm if diving in tropical environments. The trilaminate suits can be used in a variety of temperatures by just changing the undergarments. The biodry isn't a trilam but it isn't a crushed neoprene either. Hopefully ScubaToys will have one in stock and I can see what the suit is made out of.

This will be my first drysuit as well.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Well, I did it. I went to ScubaToys after work today and bought a Hollis Biodry drysuit. They didn't have my size in stock. So they had to order it but it is a drysuit. I won't be needing it anytime soon. I got it with socks. So I'll need to get some boots. I think I have a drysuit hood at home (I bought it because it fit and I knew I'd have a drysuit some day).

I read that the suit doesn't dry as quickly as other suits. When I looked at it, it had a material which felt more absorbent. So I can see that it will take longer to dry than traditional trilaminate drysuit.

Buying the suit kind of tapped me out. So I'll have to buy the boots and other things next month. After I have everything I'll give it a try and post a review here.

Barracuda
    Images
    Some of the local drysuit divers here wear canvas hightop tennis shoes instead of boots.

Yeah, a few drysuit divers from back home (Canada) wear hightops as well. Regardless, I have $0.05 free on the credit card right now. So hightops or boots I have to wait until next pay check before I can buy more gear.

I did the same. I ordered mine last Monday July 27th. They sent me all my other stuff and said they had to order it directly from Hollis. Sweet!!! Hopefully it will be here next week, Luckily for me I live with in a days shipping from the store. And Converse are also my next purchase. Already bought the pony and 2 LP 95s. Maybe the scuba gods are excited for me and will have everything show up tomorrow!!!!!!! LOL

I'm still waiting for my Biodry. I'm in the office today to interview someone but right after the interview I'm calling ScubaToys to see if my suit is in. Nice thing is, if it is in I can drive over and pick it up. ScubaToys is my local dive shop.

I just bought the suit right now. I figure I'll take my time picking up boots, undies, etc. Even if I go back to Canada I won't need the drysuit until October.

Thats cool, I called to check on mine today. I hated calling but I'm looking forward to trying it out. Oh well hopefully next week. I guess the Scuba Gods didn't like the Mares puck sacrifice I made.. lol let me knew what you think!!

Yeah, I called to see if my suit was in. Joey told me he'd call me the moment it is in. He also sent an inquiry to the distributor to find out what is going on. I'm going to be traveling next week. So looks like I might have to wait even longer.

Going diving today at Clear Springs Scuba Park. Don't get any cell service when I'm out in Terrell. So if it comes in today I won't know until I get back to Dallas this afternoon.

At least I get to go diving!!! Going to play underwater poker.

Underwater poker sounds fun. I am recovering from a ruptured ear drum, hopefully I'll get a green light from my doc this week, and be wet this weekend. At least we'll be getting brand new drysuits from the factory!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information