Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hollis Biodry

Underwater poker was funny. We had something like a dozen buddy pairs so they put out 2 decks of cards. One deck had a blue backing and the other had a red backing. You had to have all the same backing. Then you had to assemble a poker hand. Everyone had a hard time creating a poker hand. They laid out 5 lines. The first 4 lines were all within visibility range. The fifth line was much further out. Turns out 20 of the cards were on the fifth line and absolutely no one found the fifth line.

They cancelled my project. Last full day is going to be August 26. I've been on 3 projects in Dallas and I was expecting it to just keep going but they might be sending me to NYC. So I'm hoping my drysuit shows up before I have to leave. Actually, I'm still trying to get on another project in Dallas but probably won't know until the next weekend.
    This signature left intentionally blank

I have been given the green light after 3 months of non diving to resume. Looks like I'll be diving Tenkiller with the Aquanauts this weekend. wooooo hoooooo I don't think I could travel for work. It'd just mess me all up, lol Really hoping we get some solid info on the suits soon.
    Walk a mile in my shoes and your feet will be tired too.

Congrats on the green light to dive! The travel thing can be a pain. I spent a year with no diving because I was landlocked and didn't have time or a buddy in order to go in a dive trip.

While waiting I asked Hollis if it was a plastic or metal zipper. The metal zippers last longer but tend to be a bit more expensive. I kind of assumed it was a plastic zipper but the Hollis rep sent me the following link: http://www.ykk-usa.com/pdfs/water_flyer.pdf and told me the Biodry comes with the YKK ProSeal zipper (metal).

I wouldn't be too worried about getting my drysuit (it is 106F today in Dallas and water temp this weekend was 94F) but I might be move August 27th. I am hoping the suit fits first try. I'm fairly sure it will arrive in the next 2 weeks (it has already been over 2 weeks, ordered it July 25th). But if it takes 3 or 4 weeks and it doesn't fit the first time, I don't know where I'll be in September.

Man that's good news about the Zipper. I thought I was anxious about receiving mine, sounds like you'll be needing yours worse than me. I really hope it fits the first time too. I bought an undergarment, and its a bit snug it the belly reign.. lol but I ordered a XL drysuit and was at the bottom of the size chart for it. I had a dream the other night that when it came in I could get it on but couldn't zip it up, I had mysteriously grown to an elephant size. lol

I was talking to Joey and we both ordered the exact same thing. Neck seals, socks, XL, etc. but I'm not at the bottom of the size chart.

Are you local to ScubaToys or are they shipping it to you? I actually live just a a few miles from the store.

No I'm up in Tulsa. Just a day away shipping wise. I'm not sure how they are going to ship it honestly, if they drop ship it from Hollis or if they have to receive it then ship it to me. I turned in my new LP95s in to get hydro and then nitrox cleaned this weekend. I guess I did good on e-bay my LDS said they were in really good condition. So everything is coming around. It is just the wait that's killeing me lol I know as soon as I try it on I'll be excited to try it out in the lake weather its 105 or 95 degrees.
    I wish I lived closer to Dallas, Texas has a lot more to offer in scuba than Oklahoma but we have a few good lakes that's worth the drive.

The grass is always greener... I remember thinking the viz on the place to dive near Dallas isn't great and how I wished I lived in Oklahoma because you guys have better places to dive.

Plus, living so close to ScubaToys I keep dropping by the store and I think there might have been once I didn't buy something.

I feel the same way. I think my LDS survives off of me. I have at least 10 bottles of sea drops a billion valve caps 4 pair of gloves etc etc. I feel guilty when I go in and not buy something. He did tell me I didnt have to buy anything after I told him I needed another bottle of defog (he knows I just spit in my mask and rinse it out) lol. But hes a cool guy and hes honest when it come to buying things online. I told him I was thinking about a drysuit, even showed him the hollis and he said he couldn't get me into anything for that price.

SD888, Have you heard any other information? I cant wait to try on the new drysuit. Was your work able to extend the program for you?

Work was not able to extend my project here in Dallas. They actually have more work in Dallas but I'm needed more in NYC. So next week is my last week in Dallas. I'm in a conference in Atlanta the last weekend of August then off to NYC starting August 31st.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information