Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hollis Biodry

Administrator "Forum Admin"
    ST-Forum Mod
    DiveDan28,

I am hoping to have your suit here on Friday. I will contact you directly once I have it.
    Thanks,
    Joey

Scubatoys Product Manager
    1609 S. I-35 E
    Carrollton, TX 75006
    972-820-7667
    joey@scubatoys.com
    www.scubatoys.com
    Like us on
    Facebook.com/Scubatoys
    For deals, news and Discounts!

Got the Suit in today!!! Its very nice. I love the plastic dry suit bag that came with it. lol Anyway Thanks for putting up with me calling every week. I only have two concerns. 1 why does the owners manual show two zippers, one metal and one plastic? And 2 where are the elastic gators that they speak of?? lol Any way I received a revision 6 suit so they already weeded out all the overkill and the gimmicks that really don't need to be there. Cant wait till I get in the pool later. Thanks Guys
    Walk a mile in my shoes and your feet will be tired too.

I was wondering about the drysuit bag. I remember reading on the Hollis website about the drysuit bag and the gaiters. I saw this when Hollis was selling the suit for $1699 to $1799. Now that it is less than $1000 they have updated the website. There is no mention of a drysuit bag or the gaiters. Looks like you don't get a bag or gaiters but you save $700 to $800. I can live with that. I have a ScubaToys bag that seems to be a perfect size for storing my drysuit.

I also remember reading somewhere about two zippers. One is the dry zipper (a metal YKK zipper) and the other was to keep the protective flap closed. Now it uses a velcro seal for the flap. No second, plastic zipper.

If you are missing the bag, zipper or gaiters, you could always send a message to Joey and see if he can ask what happened to them.

I'm happy I got my suit before I had to leave Texas. Unfortunately, don't really have the time to try the suit on and see how the thing works. Additionally, my doctor tells me I gained something like 20 pounds since the beginning of the year. So I'll probably have to knock off 20 to 30 pounds before I try using this suit.
    This signature left intentionally blank

I'm really happy with the suit. I'm just giving the advertising guys a hard time, mainly Hollis. Overall the suit is very easy to get on and take off. I need to trim the neck seal, but I'm going to wait till I meet with my friends that have done it before. I'm glad you got your suit before you left. If you are heading to New York at least you have a dry suit for the waters up there.

Went to Beaver and tried out the suit. Man it is incredible, well worth the wait!!! If you are looking for a good suit to start dry diving this is a very good choice. I ended up trimming one ring off the neck seal and wrist seals. Doing a test dive I was amazed that it was so easy to control my buoyancy.

Mine is still in the packaging. I had to move to NYC right after picking up the drysuit. Still getting settled into NYC (get to see my new apartment tomorrow). Plan on being a tourist for a while (never been to NYC before). So might not get any diving in for the first few months. The suit did feel nice when I tried it on in the store. I'll need to trim the seals but I'm waiting until I get settled in NYC.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Sorry to hear about your ticket, that sucks. Anyway when you do get a chance to dive it you'll really like it.

TadPole

Biodry fx100 zipper

I just got this suit and it feel great but leaks. The left foot is half filled with water. it only as 3 dives on the suit. I am not sure if I am closing the zipper ll h way but it feels if I pull any harder it will break. Does anyone know if the zipper should close over this lip at the bottom?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Administrator "Forum Admin"
    ST-Forum Mod
    SonksonK,

Sorry to hear about your issues with the Hollis Biodry FX100 drysuit. We don't hear too many issues with that particular suit. Unfortunately I do not have one right here in front of me to confirm but I don't believe it should. If my memory serves me correctly that is to keep you from going any further. What I can tell you is that with those new zippers the generally have sort of a snapping feeling when it reaches the end of the pull of the zipper. To let you know that you have reached the end and don't need to pull any further. Does the suit have any water spots or wetness in any other portions on the inside? Was it at all wet above the boot? May it possibly have been a leak in the boot? If it is possible I would suggest a test dive to see if you can get it to happen again and try to track where the water is coming from. Either way I know with it being practically brand new Hollis will take care of it. Did you buy that suit from us? I would be happy in any way possible.
    Thanks,
    Joey

Scubatoys Product Manager
    1609 S. I-35 E
    Carrollton, TX 75006
    972-820-7667
    joey@scubatoys.com
    www.scubatoys.com
    Like us on
    Facebook.com/Scubatoys
    For deals, news and Discounts!

TadPole
    Are you local to ScubaToys or are they shipping it to you? I actually live just a a few miles from the store.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information