Thread: Best computer bang for the buck (under $400)

Best computer bang for the buck (under $400)

Hey guys - I've been AWOL for quite a while, but I've still been diving.

Background that is semi-relevant to the question: Two weekends ago after doing 2 dives my Geo from 2009 started acting up - I think it got overheated sitting on top of my dive box. It thought I was on a dive at 6' and even after removing the battery it kept telling me I was diving. I ended up clipping it to a string and dropping it into the water at the quarry down to 25 feet for 5 minutes and it finally went back to normal.
    This weekend after diving I kept getting messages that my battery (brand new before the previous dives) was dead - then it would get better... then dead again... anyway you get the picture. I am worried my computer is dying.

I've done a little bit of searching around, but its been so long since I've looked at gear that I don't know where to start!

Basically I'm looking for a wrist mount computer, I would LOVE for it to be under $400. I prefer more than 1 button on the interface, needs to be able to download to my computer... and it needs to do air and nitrox. Pretty simple requirements I think.

I see quite a few options online - but like I said I'm not sure even what to look at these days.

Thanks for any advice!
    -Aaron

Barracuda
    Images
    Loved my GEO but lost the quick reference card. You don't still have yours do You? I'm using it as a back up now but would still like the card. Have the book. I went with an AI ProPlus III as I can easliy read the numbers.
    New GEO II is at Scuba Toys. Not sure on the download part. I'm still a pen & paper person.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PTAaron View Post
    Hey guys - I've been AWOL for quite a while, but I've still been diving.

Background that is semi-relevant to the question: Two weekends ago after doing 2 dives my Geo from 2009 started acting up - I think it got overheated sitting on top of my dive box. It thought I was on a dive at 6' and even after removing the battery it kept telling me I was diving. I ended up clipping it to a string and dropping it into the water at the quarry down to 25 feet for 5 minutes and it finally went back to normal.
    This weekend after diving I kept getting messages that my battery (brand new before the previous dives) was dead - then it would get better... then dead again... anyway you get the picture. I am worried my computer is dying.

I've done a little bit of searching around, but its been so long since I've looked at gear that I don't know where to start!

Basically I'm looking for a wrist mount computer, I would LOVE for it to be under $400. I prefer more than 1 button on the interface, needs to be able to download to my computer... and it needs to do air and nitrox. Pretty simple requirements I think.

I see quite a few options online - but like I said I'm not sure even what to look at these days.

Thanks for any advice!
    I have an Oceanic Atom 3.1 for sale if you are interested. It's on craigs list right now. http://houston.craigslist.org/spo/5154318868.html
    --Zeagle Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by mcr0112 View Post
    Loved my GEO but lost the quick reference card. You don't still have yours do You? I'm using it as a back up now but would still like the card. Have the book. I went with an AI ProPlus III as I can easliy read the numbers.
    New GEO II is at Scuba Toys. Not sure on the download part. I'm still a pen & paper person.
    I can scan or take pictures of it if you would like... but between the wife and I we have 2 Geos (for the time being) and only one quick reference card.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    I have an Oceanic Atom 3.1 for sale if you are interested. It's on craigs list right now. http://houston.craigslist.org/spo/5154318868.html
    Nice looking watch, more than I have available to spend though.
    -Aaron

Barracuda
    Images
    PT if you can photograph both sides I can print them out then laminate them together. I bought a new Pro Plus III and made 2 extra cards with one in a file cabinet aat home in case i lose the others. You can PM me or even post them hear and I can download or JOJO from ST can He's the computer guy.

Thread Information