Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smokin in the Rain

Barracuda
    Images

Cool Smokin in the Rain

Fired up the "Bomb" this morning to cook boneless ribs & chicken breast & thighs. Cooking for the local Masonic Lodge meeting. As the better 15/16ths doesn't care for smoked meats ( that's why she not 16/16ths) I don't get to use it much.
    It's raining but who cares? I've fired it up in freezing snow or rain, it doesn't matter ,just put on a hat & rain jacket and go for it.100_0119.JPG

Images
    Oh yeah, you may want to try a split exhaust tube rather than that straight paddle thingy.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Barracuda
    Images
    100_0121.JPG100_0125.JPG100_0127.JPGmy cat Tigger, finishing up smokin( putting color to meat), a shot of the "goods". Zeagle the only damper I have on this thing is on the firebox. I can choke a fire out, the stack goes to the bottom of the tank & it just has a disc for the rain cap.. everything on this smoker is recycled from the tank to the pinto axle & old boat trailer. Only thing I bought new was the trailer hitch & jack or of course the meat is new "not recycled"

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mcr0112 View Post
    100_0121.JPG100_0125.JPG100_0127.JPGmy cat Tigger, finishing up smokin( putting color to meat), a shot of the "goods". Zeagle the only damper I have on this thing is on the firebox. I can choke a fire out, the stack goes to the bottom of the tank & it just has a disc for the rain cap.. everything on this smoker is recycled from the tank to the pinto axle & old boat trailer. Only thing I bought new was the trailer hitch & jack or of course the meat is new "not recycled"
    I was just being funny. You know the old split fins, versus paddle fins. It really wasn't that funny at all. Actually, your smoker looks great. I am a little envious. I gave my 6 foot New Braunfels smoker to my barber and am forced to smoke out of a little bitty sideways box. Not so good.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Barracuda
    Images
    This is the smallest one ive made. Meat chamber is 28 x 28. Largest was 7' x 3' all have been on trailers

Images
    That's what I am talking about.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Grouper
    Images
    Bit of a smoker myself. Although I have to admit I am not a purist. I have a Brinkman Gas smoker and a Brinkman electric. I have wanted to try smoking with only wood as the heat source.

Images
    I use nothing but Oak in my smoker. 12 hours and I get a ring 1/2 in size on my brisket. It will make you cry it's so good.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Barracuda
    Images
    Try fresh cut pecan on top of a bed of oak coals. Don't really care for the taste of Mesquite. Mostly use oak but will use fruit wood ( peach, pear, plum, or apple if I come across it. Have plenty of pecan and oak on the place so I can have it fresh cut ( green) that produces alot of smoke when on a bed of coals..
    And by the way I wasn't able to attend the meeting I cooked for. The meat I had placed in the fridge at the Masonic Lodge just in case. My wifes surgery went a little longer than expected & I didn't want to leave her with the grandson caring for her. They told me it was delicouse and I was promoted to head cook. No good dead goes unpunished.

Images
    I use pecan when I can get it. We have so much oak and it's pretty cheap. I will sometimes buy some pecan or apple chips to put on top of the coals. BTW, check out this rig! 201206_bbq_scuba.jpg
    --Zeagle Eagle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information