Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Still looking for fins

TadPole
    So I got the Sherwoods yesterday and I must say that after trying them on in my living room, I really like them! I probably won't try them in the pool but will just wait 'til the next time I actually dive. Only problem is that I live in the Midwest and diving season is pretty much over here. Just got back from a trip to Cozumel a couple weeks ago so it will be a while before I make any trips to any "real" diving spots again. I'll just have to wait. In all seriousness though, these do seem a little bigger in the foot pocket than I hoped they would be. I don't think it's a deal breaker as I can snug them up to where they feel comfortable and aren't loose or flopping around on my foot. Also, I may be able to go with a different style of boot and make them fit even better. I doubt the size difference is enough that going to a medium (these are larges) would work but I sure wish I could try just to be sure. It really sucks when your LDS doesn't have the brands you're interested in! I'll report back when I finally get to dive with these, but it looks like it's going to be Spring before that happens so don't hold your breath! (ok, yeah that was kind of a scuba pun... sorry!)

TadPole
    Oh, and for what it's worth... my splits are Tusa Xpert Zooms and my other blades are Aqualung X-Shots just for the record.

TadPole
    Also, I need to thank Joey with Scuba Toys for great service, a great deal and really fast shipping! Those guys are good!

Administrator "Forum Admin"
    ST-Forum Mod
    Quote Originally Posted by Daebado View Post
    Also, I need to thank Joey with Scuba Toys for great service, a great deal and really fast shipping! Those guys are good!

Thank you for the kind words. Happy to help!
    Thanks,
    Joey

Scubatoys Product Manager
    1609 S. I-35 E
    Carrollton, TX 75006
    972-820-7667
    joey@scubatoys.com
    www.scubatoys.com
    Like us on
    Facebook.com/Scubatoys
    For deals, news and Discounts!

THE Supreme Master Spammer Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by comet24 View Post
    Here what I ask people when I hear this question. How do you kick? What kind of diving are your doing?

I have an old pair of Scubapro split fins. They were great when I did mostly a flutter type kick. Good power for less effort and easy on the knees. As I moved more into tec. diving with overhead environment I transitioned to a frog kick. Split fins sucked for that kind of kick. I have frog fins which are heavy but work great and OMS Slipstream. The OMS have seen 100's of dive all over the place. They are light and work great for frog kicking. I have peoblems with one of my knees and if I was doing the flutter style kick I would go back to my slip fins. Much easier on the knees with that kind of kick.

If you dive enough your end up with a few sets of fins.
    well said Comet. I've got more fins than Carter has lift bags. After my accident I started using Atomic Smokes split fins. Awesome. But now, after 2 weeks in the hospital and $135,000 worth of procedures, surgeries and joint replacements, I'm looking forward to experimenting again.
    Tim "The Star and Crescent shall not be worn by every man, but only by him who is worthy to wear it. He must be a gentleman... a man of honor and courage... a man of zeal, yet humble... an intelligent man...a man of truth... one who tempers action with wisdom and, above all else, one who walks in the light of God."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information