Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank a VETRAN.

Barracuda
    Images

Red face Thank a VETRAN.

100_0149.JPG This weekend find a VET and thank him for their service. So may have been drafted & a bunch more volunteered. But ALL combat or not served.

Barracuda
    Images
    Thats me in 1975 relaxing in my workshop aboard the USS Piedmont in Naples Italy.

Barracuda
    Images
    Had a nice breakfast this morning with my grandson at his school. They were having a breakfast to honor Vetrans & he asked if I would come. It was nice , the 5th graders led everyone in the pledge to the US & Texas flags then read note of thanks written by them..Now the rest of you Vets post a photo of you while you were in the service. I only have boot camp & 1 other in a normal uniform.I normally didn't wear the typical uniform.

Megalodon
    Images
    I tired to download a few of my old photos, couldn't get them to attach. Picture if you will a younger HM2 working in a Fleet Hospital in Bahrain in '91 and an older HMC in Babylon in '03.

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Does the USA have Remembrance Day? This Wednesday (eleventh month, eleventh day, eleventh hour, eleventh minute) everyone stops for a moment of silence. For many it is a holiday we take off. Lest we forget. All the vets are out selling poppies.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Barracuda
    Images
    Nov 11 is the closest thing being Vetrans day. When I was a kid I can remember getting a poppy in honor of a fallen vetran. You don't see it anymore. When I go to Egypt I try to stop by thier Tomb of the Unknown Soldier in honor of all countries fallen. They are should be remembered as having given the surpreme sacrifice.

Images
    I am ex USAF and I am also a Marine. I don't need thanks. I need you to cherish those freedoms we have fought so hard for.
    --Zeagle Eagle

I am happy to say that we still remember here in Canada. I know for some Canadian holidays when I ask people why we have the day off they don't know, they are just happy to have a day off work. But I think everyone knows why November 11th is a holiday. Everyone is wearing a poppy leading up to the day. Here is mine:

20151108_205529.jpg
    This signature left intentionally blank

Grouper
    Images
    I think Navy brought up a couple years back the difference between a holiday and a day of remembrence. I might be wrong but anyway its something tho think about.

Barracuda
    Images
    Went to a Vetrans Day event at our local park that honors Vets. Was attended by Vets from WW2 to Current. Plus Bridgeport kindergarden class & 1st grade. They handed out sheets that they had colored & some had written notes on. It was really nice.
    I then went to the cemetary to place Flags on my Dad's & a friends graves. Someone had beat me to it as alot of graves had flags on them.
    Then our grandson came up to have lunch with me in honor of me being a Vet. ( I think he just wanted to mooch a meal).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information