Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Opinon Requested

....Beginning??...........OR......The end???
    As a patron:::
    If the establishment allowed open carrying of guns I would expect the management of the establishment to openly carry guns also to possibly equal out any hostility since I the patron were not carrying. So, suggest if owner allows open carrying by patrons, he/she should openly show weapons are carried by workers/owners of establishment.
    Only your mental acceptance/rejection of choices make you happy/unhappy................................................... ..........................No other human can change you............ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happiness................

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by alpha View Post
    2. Oh I see a person with a gun eating at the bar and I hope no one goes for the obvious displayed gun.
    Oh, yeah. Open carry without any form of retention holster is an absolute no for me. If you're gunna exercise your rights, fine; but make sure an idiot with quick hands can't grab it at their leisure

0ZAMUAR.jpg

I would adore seeing this woman try to exercise her "partial weapons training"

Edit: For the record, the general consensus is that he's a law enforcement officer of some kind
    Rock on, go big or go home, hit the ground running, hang in there kitty... don't eat the yellow snow...

Barracuda
    Images
    In 34 years as a Police Officer I had the unfournate expeirence of having to use a firearm 9 times. It is totaly different than shooting at a paper target. I was taught at my Police Academy not to open carry unless in uniform as you were making a target of yourself. I had to pull my offduty weapon once & the responding Officers responded correctly. The started by handcuffing everyone of the scene including me, then strted looking for the offduty Officer. Until they looked at my ID they did not un handcuff me. If I had my weapon out when they arrived the only warning I would have the clicking of a hammer on the revolvers before they opened fire on the only person with a gun. Just saying I won't be waving a pistol around when the Good Guys show up.

Barracuda
    Images
    The above holster appears to be a level III retention model. Try to grab it and you will end moving the body & not the gun. Much better than what I started with in the late 70's. Plus I would agree this is an Officer as he is also carrying an ASP.

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by mcr0112 View Post
    The above holster appears to be a level III retention model. Try to grab it and you will end moving the body & not the gun. Much better than what I started with in the late 70's. Plus I would agree this is an Officer as he is also carrying an ASP.
    Exactly. That thing isn't go anywhere. That other thing, however, will be crying in the back of a squad car within 10 minutes

That's exactly my point though. Open carry with the proper equipment is at least debatable, but open carry without it is unacceptable
    Rock on, go big or go home, hit the ground running, hang in there kitty... don't eat the yellow snow...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bennerman View Post
    Honestly, I think if a business owner doesn't want that in their establishment, they have every right to make that decision. For what it's worth, I have no strong opinion on open carry, and am more-or-less in favour of concealed carry. Doesn't really come up over here, though
    Absolutely not. Fortunately, a business owner does not get to make that choice in all cases. What if he didn't want Black people in his establishment, or gay people. The US Constitution protects the private citizen.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    Absolutely not. Fortunately, a business owner does not get to make that choice in all cases. What if he didn't want Black people in his establishment, or gay people. The US Constitution protects the private citizen.
    Freedom of speech and expression protects from government intervention on public property. Private property is more-or-less fair game. I think, as sad as it is, business owners have the right to say "no [x] allowed". Just treat them as big "I don't deserve your business" signs, and wait for the foreclosure.

Bear in mind, that same reasoning is what allows, for example, an African american to refuse service to a white supremacist. Equal rights means equal rights, even when it sometimes "benefits" people we don't like.

That may not be how the law works in practice, but that's equality in theory, anyways

Edit: But don't get me wrong, what you described is absolutely abhorrent, but free speech is a double edged sword

Images
    I understand Bennerman. But an African American cannot refuse service to a white supremacist anymore than a white person could refuse service to a black.
    --Zeagle Eagle

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeagle Eagle View Post
    I understand Bennerman. But an African American cannot refuse service to a white supremacist anymore than a white person could refuse service to a black.
    Well, as long as it works both ways, I'm satisfied

....Beginning??...........OR......The end???

The right to refuse service? Businesses and discrimination.

https://www.chamberofcommerce.com/bu...imination-5860

While this paper has good points, it's important to realize that anyone can try to sue anyone over anything in the U.S. It does not necessarily matter if your right or wrong concerning the law as was evidenced in the recent affluenza case and previous cases like o.j. where the final verdicts were not to be expected by the ordinary citizen.

As a owner::: Do you really want to increase your risks of going to court and then risking losing the case even though it would appear you have no chance to lose as former cases have shown results are not guaranteed as expected per normal rational reading of the law.
    Only your mental acceptance/rejection of choices make you happy/unhappy................................................... ..........................No other human can change you............ http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Happiness................

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information