Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad news from Denstist

Barracuda
    Images

Bad news from Denstist

Went to the dentist for my annual cleaning and checkup. The tech mentioned that my teeth had changed since last year & not for the good. After cleaning the Dentist came in. When I got upper dentures about 4 years ago he told me that my bottoms were good unless something changed. No cavities since then until now. He said he could do a bridge on both sides for x amount. He didn't seemed to happy about that option. I asked him about the other cavities. He said he could fill them. I then asked how long this would last me. He shrugged and said the way my teeth went in one year "maybe 2 years". I thought if I'm going to pay that much for 2 years then come back & throw all that away & start over with full dentures. So Friday I have a consult with a oral surgeon. Then it's waiting to get dentures done so he can put them in when he removes them. It will be expensive with implants but I won't have any more problems. It's H#LL getting old.

Shark
    You know...this might serve as an excuse to buy a full face mask. You won't want to endanger expensive implants with a plain-old regulator.
    "Time's fun when you're having flies." -Kermit the Frog

Barracuda
    Images
    I would be interested in a full face but I have a condition that won't allow it. As soon as I hit the water anywhere,( shower, lake, ocean, even hot tub) my nose starts to run. Actually expeirenced the full mask scenario while fighting a car fire when I got soaked. Had to back out due to runny nose in my SCBA mask ( full face). My brother has the same problem also. Must be a family trait. We both constantly clear our masks.

Shark
    That's really interesting. It sounds like it might be related to the mammalian dive reflex.

Barracuda
    Images
    Tuesday I go in for the oral surgeon to do his job then a period of healing before I get the final dentures. Maybe 4 or 5 months. Stocked up on pudding, protein shakes, applesauce, mac & cheese & ice cream so I won't starve til I get over some of the soreness..

Barracuda
    Images
    Today is the day I get them yanked out. Please think of me later today as I sit thinking of warm water & something solid to eat (not happening). I mean no bacon unless it's run thru a blender first. And thats just wrong.

Megalodon
    Images
    Bacon Smoothie, that's all I'm saying....

I once saved a man in Wichita just to watch him dive...(inventor)

Barracuda
    Images
    NOPE!!!!! I remember some experimental field rations we got in the early 70's that were dehydrated. Just put in the correct amount of water & heat. We had no firw so package went inside shirt for 30 minutes. When you opened the bag it smelledlike roast beef but looked like oatmeal, The spaggetti was the same way. All of them smelled ok but looked like oatmeal. No one was ever hungry enough to eat roast beef oatmeal. I'm afraid that's what a Bacon smoothie would be like. I may get some lightly cooked bacon & cut into very small pieces in a couple of days and just suck on them before swallowing.
    Actually doing pretty good today, having a chocolate WM protien drink blended with ice to make a shake for breakfast.

Shark
    Ice Cream!
    "Time's fun when you're having flies." -Kermit the Frog

Barracuda
    Images
    Had mashed potatoes with gravy and a side of mac-n-cheese for lunch today. Had no problems. Still sore where the implants are but getting better by the day. Maybe next week I graduate to more solid food???? I really miss my salads the most.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information