Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1st time to Cozumel

Grouper
    Images

1st time to Cozumel

my wife and I are looking at an late October trip to CZM for the first time. Was looking for suggestions on places to stay.

1. Has to be on the water

2. no road to cross getting to the water

3. clean

4. good food All inclusive so she can eat breakfast while I do some diving

5. Not a dive vacation but may do some diving so doesn't have to have dive shop.

6. away from nightlife crowd

Thanks
    Last edited by BUDMAN; 05-21-2016 at 16:57.
    My gear my life I will check my gear every time

Barracuda
    Images
    Scuba Club Cozumel would fit your list pretty well. It is close to the downtown area so she could even go shopping while you are diving. It is a pretty quiet place at night. It's not a big resort. There are several other larger resort type places to choose from.

http://scubaclubcozumel.com/index.php

Grouper
    Images
    thanks Semo. looks very nice but I forgot to add she needs a real beach and easy access to the water.

Shark
    Casa Del Mar fits all of your requirements. There is a bridge that you have to walk over to get to the beach, but that's not a big deal.

Great food. I don't even lock the door there.

They have unlimited beach dives, too.
    "Time's fun when you're having flies." -Kermit the Frog

Grouper
    Images
    thanks Largo I will check it out

Barracuda
    Images
    Scuba Club really doesn't have a beach as such just some sand brought in & steps to the water. Most of the hotel near town are that way. You have to go south for a beach. I didn't care for scuba club ( food) & have not stayed at Cas Del Mar but looked at it. My favorite is Hotel Cozumel, again trucked in sand & steps into the water and you must cross the street.
    If I remeber right the Fiesta Americana has abeach but I don't know anything about it except Dive Paradise operated out of it. I like them as an dive op for their slow boats & private DM program. Works for me.
    Make sure to rent a car Or get a cab for the day & go to other side of island stopping at the Iguana Bar ( north end of road for a margarite made witha weed eater. Also several good resturants there.

Grouper
    Images
    thanks mcr0112. we are looking at Iberostar but are open to suggestions. Instead of renting a car I think we are going to rent dune buggies for one day and tour the island.

Barracuda
    Images
    If you stay at Ibostar You'll be close to my favorite Coz dive site Columbia shallows. Also the mayan ruins on the north end are better than the ones on the south end ( less touristsy) and the beaches on the east side are beuatiful but heavy surf & undertows are present, Ask a local where they take thier family for the beach and they will tell you or you may see families on a day outing. Ask your DM for places to eat away from downtown & you'll get better & cheaper food.
    Have fun & enjoy

Barracuda
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BUDMAN View Post
    thanks mcr0112. we are looking at Iberostar but are open to suggestions. Instead of renting a car I think we are going to rent dune buggies for one day and tour the island.

I stayed at Iberostar in 2007 and liked it well. I was not a diver then. A local couple that are good friends and divers stayed at Iberostar last year and were very satisfied with the resort and the diving.

Grouper
    Images
    I stayed in Iberostar last May and in December. I was really happy with the hotel. The dive boat picked me up at their pier. The food was pretty good actually really good. The beach is really nice the rooms are a little small but they do a great job of keeping them clean.

I dove with DWM in the morning and used Dressel for an afternoon dive. If you book Dressel online you get a pretty good discount. You also book dives not days so you can break them up how ever you want. The night dive that deep in the park is pretty nice too. No one goes that deep into the park for a night dive.

I booked a car a couple days. $35 a day for a chop top bug at ISIS. She is all over the boards.

Honestly I have been going to Coz for years. Did the apartment thing, cheap hotel thing. I had the best time at Ibero. They will take really good care of you Bud.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information