Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it dead?

Guppy
    It has been VERRRRRYYYY light in terms of #s of new posts.

Barracuda
    Images
    I used to check the Forum every day so as not to miss anything. Now I can check it every month and not miss anything. I keep posting a few things here and there and get no responses. I really like the site as it does give insights,tips, and of course opinons on gear and dive ops. But that's needed so we don't have to buy everything and stay at all the diveops. We get to learn and pick what suits us. I miss the new posts.

I was just over at scubaboard and things are kind of slow there as well. Like mcr0112, I used to check this forum 2 or 3 times a week because there was always something new. I found I had to set a good set of filters on scubaboard because the amount of noise was hard to wade through. Now there isn't much happening there either.

Hopefully, everyone is too busy off diving.

I've been popping in here maybe once a week to see what is happening. Usually just before a local dive trip. Today I'm heading to the Niagara River to do a drift dive. Hopefully I don't miss the exit and end up going over the falls. lol. Just joking. Little chance of going over the falls.

My scuba club (www.suci.ca) rents houseboats every year. Last weekend was this year's houseboat rental trip. Spent 4 days on the St. Lawrence River. Current was REALLY fast this year. Got hit by a squall while tied to a shipwreck mooring. Our boat captain was amazing at keeping the houseboat from drifting or moving away from the buoy while getting hit by 8 foot waves. The other boats went as lucky. One suffered some damage before cutting the line. The other dragged a 1 tonne cement block around 400 yards and the squall whipped them around.

The trip ended well though with a dive on the Keystorm and America ship wrecks, near Alexandria Bay, NY and Singer Castle, respectively.

Used my XTAR D26 Whale dive light. I have a Hollis 600 lumen and Big Blue 1100 lumen light. The XTAR D26 is rated at 1000 lumen but it was noticeably brighter than my Big Blue. Either the XTAR D26 is brighter than 1100 lumen or the Big Blue doesn't actually put out 1100 lumen. I think, because I have some extra high amperage batteries in the D26, the XTAR might have been brighter than 1100 lumens.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Grouper
    Images
    I noticed the same thing. Its been awhile since I've done any posting, so maybe I'm part of the problem???
    I'm also on some other forums and see the same slow down. For instance, over on cruise critic I registered for the roll-call of the next cruise I'm taking and there are only 8 others registered (and its only 65 days to departure!) where past cruised have had over 100 registered.
    Maybe I'm just old and have missed the latest greatest app?

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    It's not dead. At least I hope not.

Would like to see more trip reports. There is only so much you can discuss wrt equipment.
    To those in the miltary who serve, past and present, to protect my freedom, I thank you. I've had a good life so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information