Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Egypt Again!!!!

Barracuda
    Images

Egypt Again!!!!

My sister called me yesterday and asked if I would be interested in going back to Egypt again. She wants to go. I called my diving partner ( brother) and asked him. He asked me if I thought I could dive with my new shoulder. I said with Dive Urge I can. So we're looking at Jan- Feb 2018 for 3 to 4 week trip. Sister will snorkel while we dive. Probably right above us or atleast in the same area.

Barracuda
    Images
    Getting our act together for the trip. Have pretty well decided what we want to see on the Land Tour part of our trip. We'll be diving with Dive Urge again in Dahab. They now have a boat trip to Ras Galum where very few people go due to it being remote. You can ride a camel (2 hours) or a 30-45 min boat ride or 3 hours by truck. You end up doing shore dives no matter what. It is an amazing place. Even at the most dived site in Dahab we have seen an octopi during the day. My sister is still decideing if she will go.

Grouper
    Images
    well, thanks to your influence I booked a red sea liveaboard out of Hurghada.

I never would have even thought about the Red Sea were it not for your suggestion.

Last 2 weeks of May 2018.
    Slowly exhale, relax, your brain will kick in...and if you can breath and think calmly, there's not too much you can't figure out, in any part of life.

Barracuda
    Images
    Let us know how it go's. I have never done a live aboard. We like the shore diving at Dahab and the dive op Dive Urge. Didn't have much luck diving on a daily boat out of Sharm ( cattle boat & not very good DM's)
    What op & boat have you booked with?

Barracuda
    Images
    are you doing a land tour. If you don't have anything set up, PM me and I can give you my guides info. He's very good & not a rip off artist like so many are.

Grouper
    Images
    - liveaboard out of hurghada - Blue-o-two - Red Sea Adventurer
    Visiting Brothers, Elphistone, Daedalus.

No land tour, flying into Hurghada the night before the liveaboard, flying out the afternoon after it's over (last diving is the AM of the day before). Since we were going to be headed through the UK - we opted to spend extra vacation days in London.

I'm fairly hopeful about the liveaboard. We are simple and don't require much in the way of fancy food. I think my only hesitation was and continues to be - diving from the RIB/Zodiac. I suspect they do not have ladders and entering them from the water will be challenging for the wife and daughter.

-ray
    Slowly exhale, relax, your brain will kick in...and if you can breath and think calmly, there's not too much you can't figure out, in any part of life.

Barracuda
    Images
    As a kid I learned how to dive out of a zodiac. Entry was real simple. Gear up, sit on side, hold mask to face and gear to chest, reg in, roll backwards into water.
    Getting into the boat was a challange to start with. Finnally tried to start at about 10 ft down ( after checking to make sure no one was in your way) zoom to the surface finning like mad I would launch my self about 2 ft out of the water and over the side of the boat. Not sure how that would work now that I'm 65.

Barracuda
    Images
    Looking at mini safari trips out of Sharm & Hurghada. 3 to 4 day trips to the Thistle Gorm and other reefs. Out of Hurghada you get to dive on an Egyptian navy minesweeper that was sank in 1973 by fighters from Israel. Plus the Thistle Gorm. Plus 3 or 4 days diving in Dahab with Dive Urge.

Barracuda
    Images
    My sister has backed out of the trip. I have found a mini safari that will go with just 2 confirmed divers ( my brother & I ). so we'll be going out of Sharm to the Thilstegorm. May have another couple going on our land tour part but not the diving.
    Funny thing happened while in Houston at a reunion of kids who grew up in Libya. Met my first "crush" again. She didn't even know I had a crush--- what a blow to my ego. Just kidding , at seventh grade I was not much. She & her husband are interested in going to Egypt.

Grouper
    Images
    I would be really surprised if they don't have a ladder Rayaa.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information