Thread: Great service from Scubatoys!

Thumbs up Great service from Scubatoys!

It amazes me that I can mail my regs to Scubatoys, have them serviced and mailed back for less $ and in less time than it takes my local store.

My local store requires proof that all your gear is serviced before you can dive on any of their trips. Sounds OK of a rule on the surface. However, they take 21 days and charged $187 to service my reg and BC a few years ago. They charge even bigger bucks for rush service. I didn't feel that 10 days was rush service. If the business model of any store is to trap you into paying higher prices for equal or lesser service, they will have to rely on new customers because repeat customers will be hard to come by as I will mail my gear to Scubatoys for service.

Thank You Scubatoys!

What!?!! This is the first time I heard of a shop requiring proof all your gear is serviced. All shops require proof my tanks have been visually inspected before they'll fill them. That makes sense. I wouldn't want to fill someone's tank if it hadn't been properly inspected. But the rest of your gear is our own. Failure to properly maintain your gear will not affect my dive shop. You go on a trip with them and you sign a waiver. The waiver makes it VERY clear that they aren't responsible for you or your gear; you are a certified diver and should know how to take care of yourself/gear.

Also, if my shop is really busy they might take a week to service my gear. The owner had his daughter trained in how to service equipment, so they have two technicians now, to ensure quick turn around.

I don't know who your dive shop is but I probably won't dive with them.

Darrell
    This signature left intentionally blank

Quote Originally Posted by scubadiver888 View Post
    What!?!! This is the first time I heard of a shop requiring proof all your gear is serviced.

I don't know who your dive shop is but I probably won't dive with them.

Darrell
    Agreed. We don't dive with them any more. It is a way to get you to service gear through them and also force you to rent gear if you can't prove it has been serviced. It's ridiculous but it is their shop adn I stay away now that I know.

Thread Information