Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where is Everyone?

Barracuda
    Images

Where is Everyone?

I have not seen any new posts on this site for quite a while. Where did everyone go?

Guppy
    My thought/question exactly.

Images
    Hopefully, they are all out diving.
    --Zeagle Eagle

I was in Mexico diving cenotes. I'm now back in Toronto, Canada and signed up for 7 weekends of diving here in the great white north.

Darrell
    This signature left intentionally blank

Grouper
    Images
    In general I think you are going to see forums like this (across a number of different subjects) decrease in popularity over the next 10 years. There is a generation coming up behind us that

1) prefers all content be easily integrated into mobile devices - not just accessible from mobile web pages
    2) allows for sharing more dynamic content than text - pictures/videos

That could look like a lot of things, facebook group pages...instagram pages...youtube with more forum interaction....something that involves all 3 of these, with a solid mobile interface.

The other forum has a larger user base but look at the users, mostly folks over 30 and 40.

I think the upcoming generation will abandon forum use, the way my generation (40-something) abandoned phone books 15 years ago.
    Slowly exhale, relax, your brain will kick in...and if you can breath and think calmly, there's not too much you can't figure out, in any part of life.

Yeah, I've noticed a lot more of the scuba clubs and forums switching to Facebook groups. There is a ScubaToys Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/scubatoys/ but it doesn't seem to have the same chatter this forum used to have.

Funny thing is all the clubs I have belong to (Dallas, New York, Toronto) don't do the Facebook thing and are mostly people 50+.

So where are all the kids now? I learned a lot from forums and clubs. Where do the kids find this sort of information?

Someone told me that enrollment in scuba classes seems to be down a lot lately. Maybe it is just that there isn't the concentration of people around 20 to 30 joining the community now.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Barracuda
    Images
    I guess I am dated. I prefer to use a phone book, read news from a newspaper, and participate on internet forums with a laptop computer (not handheld mobile device).

Dominus Diabolus Urinatoris ST-Forum Mod DevilDiver's Avatar
    Images
    Checking in, have not been logged on for quite a while. Just wanted to see what has been going on and say "hello" .
    DevilDiver

Barracuda
    Images
    I check this site and post on it but no one comments or posts anything new. Not sure where everyone is?

Guppy
    Hey DD, How are things with you and Pandora these days ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information