Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 49 & a wake up!!!!

Barracuda
    Images

49 & a wake up!!!!

Only 49 more days and a wake up til we leave for Egypt. After a 11 day land tour we fly to Sharm el Sheik, then drive to Dahab. Ther we stay/dive for 4 days with Dive Urge, a small family owned dive op. Then back to Sharm to go on the King Snefro 5 for mini safgari diving on the SS Thilstegorm & Dunraven wrecks plusother sites. Then home.

Barracuda
    Images
    Recieved a book on wrecks of the Red yesterday. Looked at the Thisltegorm and Dunraven plus a couple of other that we may get to dive on. Gives me some idea of the dives we'll be making.
    Going to the bank today to get new money in small bills as it is a thinner stack. I use $1.00 for all kinds of tips, and a $5 for really good service. It's amazing how the service really improves when you tip on the first day. The drivers and waiters talk and spread the word. In three weeks I might spend a little but it's worth it. I won't miss a meal (or maybe I should). Most of the eople in Egypt don't get a paycheck except tips so they will miss meals.

Barracuda
    Images
    Happy New Years to all. I'm celebrating at 4;00pm CST , but it's midnight in Cairo where i will be pretty soon.

Barracuda
    Images
    43 to go. Got my cash for tips & other things. Got 2 new weight suits (shorty & a long john bottom). Losing weight already!!!! Got to pick up regs from Scuba Toys. Maybe go ahead and pack the dive bag so I can go thru it 10 times to make sure I got all I need and not just stuff.Plus be within the weight limits. I told my brother I may just go ahead and pay for an extra bag as I'm taking some items for our guides family ( 2 kids back packs, 2 wi-fi tablets & a set of kitchen knives for his wife) and may be overweight. Just leave the suitcase with him to use. Just have to see where it comes out.

Barracuda
    Images
    Checked with Scuba Toys to see if my reg was ready. They said it was so when my brother gets home from Colorado we'll head down and pick it up. Been studying the book red sea wrecks and looking at videos of the thilstegorm dives.

Barracuda
    Images
    39 days to go. got to pick up regs. try on wet suits as I've lost a couple of inches of waistline this winter so far. Getting real excited.Went by my Dr's( fellow traveller)office today. His nurse said she's tempted to go with us. I told her to come on it's not too late. Either our guide will get her a room or someone will share a room. No big deal to any of us.

Barracuda
    Images
    37 days to go. Heard back from my Dr on my blood test. some go od some bad but really weird is for me to quit taking Blood Pressure meds & to moniter my BP. Got my new waist pack for carrying essential items on our day trips (my Kindle, snacks, sunglasses, small camera, fake sugar. some meds and a few other items) Found out yesterday that they've opened 2 more tombs in the west valley of Kings and a new area/Temple on the west bank Luxor. So some new to see. Plus a pryamid has been opened to the public which my brother has wanted to go in forever( has text in it & he reads it?????)

Barracuda
    Images
    33 to go getting closer each day.

Barracuda
    Images
    30& a wake up to go today. Packed my suitcase today to check weight and space as I'm taking some gifts for our guide's kids. Also checked the dive bag and got rid of some items and it's underweight right now. So I'm good to go. Can actully add some to my suit case., like maybe an extra pair of shoes .

Barracuda
    Images
    Great weekend. went to the pool saturday then shopping for new pair of shoes for my trip. Got a pair of Twisted X chukka boots. really comfortable. Tried on my old rash suit and it barely fit. not a pretty sight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information