Thread: I'm planning a March 2019 trip to Curacao - want to be my dive buddy?

Grouper Founding Member
    Images

I'm planning a March 2019 trip to Curacao - want to be my dive buddy?

As the title indicates, I'm planning a trip to Curacao in March 2019. Week of 23rd thru 30th. My wife and are will be celebrating (a few weeks early) 25 years of wedded bliss.

My wife doesn't dive. So I'm having to do the "solo" diver thing again, tagging along with a group. I am most likely going to the "The Dive Bus" option, and looking to stay at Kontiki or Liondive hotel. The hotel/beach/snorkeling will keep the wife happy. Two to four dives a day will keep me happy.

Anybody here on the forum been to Curacao in the recent past? Have any advice or recommendations for other dive operators, or even a hotel with a "House Reef" and unlimited air tanks....If I could find a nice resort like that.....and one that wouldn't frown on my diving solo...
    To those in the miltary who serve, past and present, to protect my freedom, I thank you. I've had a good life so far.

Grouper
    Images
    Hey Doug.

Wish I could help, but I have never been there. Sorry!

I do look forward to reading about it, though!!
    I hope you have a great trip, and congrats on 25 years!!

DW
    The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends, and the other begins?

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    I've got flights booked, and a hotel room at Lionsdive. The wife will be happy with the accommodations.

Now....I'm looking at Ocean Encounters and The Dive Bus for diving options now. Ocean Encounters is right next to the hotel, and there is a house reef. I might try to do the Dive Bus for a couple dives, but most of the week with Ocean Encounters.
    To those in the miltary who serve, past and present, to protect my freedom, I thank you. I've had a good life so far.

Grouper
    Images
    Very interesting! I may have to look into this at some point. Are they solo friendly down there?

DW
    The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends, and the other begins?

Grouper
    Images
    I Just posted in your other post, i'll repost here

I would suggest the North End of the island. All West apartments are pretty nice and include unlimited shore dives. They have a tank locker that you can switch your tanks out at. There is also a pretty nice beach and dive spot Playa Khaliki just north of there. They charge a fee but you get a locker. My favorite was Discover Diving. Its in a small cove. Its run by a nice dutch guy and really good food, which is rare in Curacao. Its a little south of West End apartments. You dive from the shore out of the cove into an nice area. There are other spots along the main road. Driving is fun is Curacao and a must.

You can get a really cheap hop to Bonaire from Curacao. We paid $99. If you have the time well worth the effort.

Thread Information