Thread: Dauin, Philippines

Dauin, Philippines

Started diving in Asia last year. Decide to go to the Philippines. Some really great diving in that country.

Decided to go with Mike's Dive Resort in Dauin, Philippines. This is around 30 minutes south of Dumaguete. Flew into Manila. Spent a few days in Manila to get over the jet lag. Flew down to Dumaguete and someone from Mike's picked me up at the airport. Arrived at the resort on Wednesday, December 25th around 8pm. Nick, the manager at the resort knew I would be arriving late and they were having a whole roast pig for Christmas dinner. Made sure to put a plate aside for me. So the moment I arrived they sat me down for dinner.

The diving was quite nice. There was some shore diving but mostly I went on boat trips to Apo Island or up to Sumilon Island. Lots of good muck diving around the resort, turtles and sharks around Apo Island and a wide variety of marine life up near Sumilon Island. If you are going there, bring a reef hook to Sumilon. The current is too strong to swim against and the reefs are full of white tip and black tip sharks. Wish I could have hung out with the sharks for longer.
    This signature left intentionally blank

I have been wanting to get to the Philippines. My wife and I went tot Palau on the aggressor in 2018 and loved it but the flights are equal cost to the rest of the trip.

Thread Information