Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EFR, First Aid, Oxygen Class

Guppy

EFR, First Aid, Oxygen Class

Hi, my name is Dutchman. I am a Emergency Responder. May I help you?
    I'm finished. Great class. Wish it where more scuba specific. I guess I will see more in Rescue class.
    Retired from work but not from life.
    http://stores.ebay.com/Klutter-Kidz-Korner

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    It's great to see you here to help me, I need $10,000 cash right now, got it handy?

Seriously, I thought the skills they taught to be fine, although they don't jive with my Red Cross training you end up at the same point possibly a bit faster with maybe a bit more chance of error.

Still, good class to take. Glad you liked it and I'm sure you'll find rescue better yet.
    Matthew P. Cummings
    Moberly MO

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Dutchman,

Did you take your EFR from a LDS? I took mine with ScubaToys and it was the NAUI EFR/CPR/AED/O2 class. It was very scuba-specific.

Hopefully, you'll have an opportunity to use the learning in Rescue. We used it in ours. In Rescue, you do not learn additional EFR/CPR skills; rather, you use them.

I also recommend that you take DAN O2, if it's available. That 3-hour course goes into far more detail and permits you to buy the DAN O2 kit and medical oxygen.
    rick

Grouper
    I know this is an old thread but it came up on google when I was looking for a place to renew my CPR, AED and O2 cards to go along with my NAUI Rescue Diver card. The last time I asked at Scuba Toys, they offered the DAN O2 course but no longer the NAUI First Aid. Anyone know a place in the Dallas area that can do a refresher course for all three (CPR, AED and O2)? I know Red Cross and a lot of other groups do the CPR and AED but not the O2.

Most PADI shops should have an O2 class. I know because I'm an O2 instructor (if I ever fill out my paperwork).
    This signature left intentionally blank

Images
    For my work, I'm required to have the EFR, 1st Aid, and CPR training. We just finished up with our annual training on this a couple weeks ago. At least around here, they changed up all the information again and the prices for the classes tripled. It's odd, but what we found all the agencies (American Red Cross, Heart Assoc, etc.) seem to be struggling to update all the training material.

For O2, I took a course with the local fire department. This worked out very well. They were able to customize a course for me to satisfy my needs at work as a first responder and since they new I was wanting this also for diving they talked about that as well.

Snagel

Actually, the fire department is a good place to look. One of the dive shops I worked for had everything, AED, O2, CPR, 1st Aid, Secondary Care and more. The guy who taught the classes worked for a fire department in a neighbouring city. He'd teach fire departments during the day, Monday to Friday, and teach scuba divers on Saturday and Sunday. If the local fire department doesn't have training in-house you should see who they contract to do the work.
    This signature left intentionally blank

Grouper
    Images
    Good tip about the fire departments. I'm due for a refresher and will see what they offer.
    Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance. ~Sam Brown

Barracuda
    These are awesome classes to hit when the winter weather is keeping you away from diving. If it has been 3 yrs since you had a EFR/CPR/o2, ask. Other winter classes that rock are equipment specialties that get more into how to perform user level maintenance on your gear and EANX.
    any puddle...anytime...anyplace!

Grouper
    I need to look into the fire department idea. The instructor at Scuba Toys who taught all three things along with NAUI first aid when I did rescue in 2009 was a local EMT. I'm really hoping to find a place or person who can update me on all three at the same time.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information