Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Mountain Bikers here?

Grouper
    Images

Any Mountain Bikers here?

See Subject..

Moderator ST-Forum Mod Charles R's Avatar
    Images
    Yep, ride once a week after summer is over too hot here to ride in the summer 120 f is just too hot
    "If you can't get wet doing it, it can't be fun"

Grouper
    Images
    I know the feeling.. we get ~105-110 days around here in the summer and it is freakin annoying to ride in. I usually try and wait until dusk or ride in the morning to try and beat the heat.. usually doesn't work too well though.

Barracuda Founding Member
    Used to ride all the time. Single track whenever I could. Have done much in the last 5 years or so. Would like to get back into it but can never find the time and a recent knee injury doesn't help. Heck my bike hasn't been out of the basement in about a year now.

Grouper
    Images
    Mountain biking, climbing, hiking, you name it. I am a mountaineer.
    What the "Eyes" see, the "Ears" hear, the "Mind" believes.
    Harpooned himself instead of being bitten, then bleed to death instead of dying by being eaten...
    In the water everything looks 33% larger. So, if it happen you see a 10 footer Tiger Shark. Don't worry it's only a guppy...

Guppy
    Mountain biking whenever I can, road biking when I have to...
    - Scuba-Bill

A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men!

Grouper Founding Member
    Yep, ride 4-5x nights a week, now that the weather is a little cooler and not diving as much. Just mad the jump to a FS frame, went to swap parts from the HT over, and by the time I was done setting things up the way that I wanted, the only old part was the pedals. Bought new pedals, same ones, put them on the HT after I rebuilt it.

when I can

Not me...to much work involved... my hat is off to you.
    Always left holding the fins!!!!

Grouper
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TAH 73 View Post
    Yep, ride 4-5x nights a week, now that the weather is a little cooler and not diving as much. Just mad the jump to a FS frame, went to swap parts from the HT over, and by the time I was done setting things up the way that I wanted, the only old part was the pedals. Bought new pedals, same ones, put them on the HT after I rebuilt it.
    Cool! I've been riding SS exclusively this year and finally got a new hardtail gearie ordered (should be here next week). Reason for the SS is I had been riding road since I moved to an area devoid of trails and the LBS owner talked me into tryin out the new 29 thing which happened to be a SS.. which is fine for training and riding around where I live (south alabama, flat). I eventually got re-obsessed with MTBing and started entering 6/12 hours and some XC stuff.. after the 12 hour I was like.. need gears.. need front suspension.. love the 29er wheels though!

Any of you post on MTBR? I mostly lurk except for Southeast forums and a little bit on Endurance Racing forums.

What FS bike did you end up gettin?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information