Thread: 1st Annual Nevada Day Dive, needs suggestions!

Grouper

1st Annual Nevada Day Dive, needs suggestions!

Hello All!!

The idea of having our

Las Vegas Divers First Annual Nevada Day Dive

on Friday October 26th, was well received....but I need some help and your suggestions!

First - Where would you like to dive? I've only been in the area a few years, and been diving for less than a year - so I definitely need some ideas! Where do YOU like to dive? Now that Scuba Park is no longer under water, Saddle Cove seems to be the new spot, but I would love to hear from you all if there is anyplace else you would like to suggest for this event!

Second - Would everyone prefer to start early and do a full day of diving? . . . or would you like to see an
    Annual Nevada Day & Night Dive?

Please tell me if you like the idea of meeting in the afternoon, getting a couple of dives in during daylight, then one in after dark!

Nevada Day seems to be the state's way of giving us a day off right at halloween, so a night dive might be just the thing to celebrate!

Additionally, it would keep the event open to those who do not get the holiday off of work; they could still come out and join in whatever time they're free, all the way into the evening hours.

Since we are a free club we will have to rely on member support for the event -- We could use help from:
    anyone who could bring along an easy-up to provide shade
    anyone who would bring along ice chests, drinks, munchies, that sort of stuff!
    Also - if anyone wants to get really ambitious and consider bar-b-que-ing we could try to figure out how to make it happen!

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit your ideas and suggestions!

i think the day and night dive would be fun.
    also it would allow anyone stuck at work to come by during the evening

i have a medium cooler i could fill with ice and drinks.

thats about all i can do really

oh and where is saddle cove?

Grouper
    I think someone has posted directions to Saddle Cove on LasVegasDivers.com -- I'll post the link here if I can track it down.

So it looks like we have Plenty of folks offering to pitch in to make this a great time!
    I'll clean up the details and post an announcement!!
    Hope to see you all there!!

Btw-- anyone is invited to come along!!....if you are visiting the area or thinking it might be worth a little drive to get to Las Vegas, we'd Love to see you there!!
    Same Planet...Different World....
    I've dived and gone to heaven

Shark
    Not sure what others think, but for ~many~ working people, sunday is the most common day off...

I'd definitely make it out if it was on a sunday, and 90% of the time, the wife has the day off too...

Grouper

Holiday

Quote Originally Posted by mitsuguy View Post
    Not sure what others think, but for ~many~ working people, sunday is the most common day off...

I'd definitely make it out if it was on a sunday, and 90% of the time, the wife has the day off too...

I agree! - Sunday is ideal for meetings, events, etc. -- we talked about making our Las Vegas Divers monthly meeting on a sunday for exactly that reason! I hope both of you will come to the next meeting! (and post-meeting dive!) We had a lot of fun at the last one! (the date is still TBA, but I'm pretty sure it'll be on a Sunday!)

This is just an (hopefully, annual) event since Nevada has this weird holiday in October. -- Schools & Courts close and alot of folks in the State are off work on October 26th. (It's traditionally a GREAT day to go to Disneyland, btw, because Californian's are still in work/school that day!)

If, like many, both you and your wife do have to go to work on the holiday, maybe you will consider coming out after work for the evening and night dive? -- what better way to start the weekend than under water!
    Same Planet...Different World....
    I've dived and gone to heaven

Shark
    there is actually a good possibility of that... we are doing the first two dives of our AOW the 21st, so we might just be able to make it out...

Thread Information