Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Izu Photo's

Grouper Founding Member
    Images

Izu Photo's

Just got back from Izu... Great diving! :-) Here's some photo's...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bill
    Just killing time during my surface interval ;-)
    "If it's too cold for a 3mm, it's cold enough for a drysuit!"

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    And here are a few more photos, including some from the second day, different dive site....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Bill

Grouper
    Wow those are some cool photos Bill. I especially like the eels. very colorful and vicious looking.

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidder View Post
    Wow those are some cool photos Bill. I especially like the eels. very colorful and vicious looking.
    Thanks! :-) I posted some more to my photo page... check them out when you get a chance. I'm finally starting to figure out my camera. The biggest problem I'm having now is getting the exposures down. No TTL on a point and shoot.
    Bill

Grouper
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill22 View Post
    Thanks! :-) I posted some more to my photo page... check them out when you get a chance. I'm finally starting to figure out my camera. The biggest problem I'm having now is getting the exposures down. No TTL on a point and shoot.
    Yup the other photos are pretty cool. I like the stone fish. What do you do in Japan besides dive?

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    Yup the other photos are pretty cool. I like the stone fish. What do you do in Japan besides dive?
    I'm active duty Navy. I work about 55 hours a week on average. The good thing is that it's a four day work week ;-)

I've done some sightseeing around Tokyo. I've also gone to Kamakura a few times. Yokohama is nice and they have a couple of good dive shops up there. I go out from time to time. They have good sushi places here. I go diving when I can. My work schedule fluctuates each week so sometimes it can be hard to find someone to dive with.

I'm also planning my next dive trip of course. I'm headed to the Philippines in about three weeks. Theres some discussion going on in the dive club about making a trip down to Okinawa in November.
    Bill

TadPole
    We are visiting our Marine in December. What is the water temperature like during that time? Also, what else is there to do in Okinawa?

Thanks. Your photos are amazing.

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    We are visiting our Marine in December. What is the water temperature like during that time? Also, what else is there to do in Okinawa?

Thanks. Your photos are amazing.
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure what the water temp will be in December down in Okinawa... I'm quite a bit further north, up near Tokyo. Izu is about a 2 1/2 drive south of Tokyo. I've only been diving in Japan since July.

A few of us in the club who haven't been to Okinawa yet to dive were talking in general terms about going down there next month while we were in Izu, but it hasn't gotten to specifics yet. It would be a personal trip, not a club trip. I was actually going to ask about it at our next meeting, but that won't be until next Wednesday.

I hear that you can dive there in Okinawa year round with just a 3mm wetsuit. If I remember right its about 3 hours by plane south of us. Heres a link for a dive shop in Okinawa. I'm sure they can answerer your question: http://www.dive-okinawa.com/Index.html There is also a dive shop operation on the base down there. If you're interested in diving while there (an opportunity not to be missed I hear ;-)) ask your Marine to go by and talk to them. I'll also ask some of the club members who have gone diving there in Okinawa about conditions in December next time I see them.

Water temps in the Tokyo Bay area get up to upper 70's usually during the summer. I had one dive in August where it hit 80. Last week it was 73. I'm told that we'll be in dry suits by next month. I'll be ordering mine soon :-)

Thanks for your comment on my photos :-) I just started doing underwater photography in the last couple of months. I really appreciate it :-)
    Last edited by Bill22; 10-08-2007 at 17:30.
    Bill

TadPole
    Hey Bill,

I go to Japan a couple times per year and I am interested in diving in Izu. Do you have any recommendations on outfits. I may go next in February for the Tokyo Marathon. I am usually there for one weekend, so I hope to dive there next year sometime.

Thanks!!!
    Blake

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fatdiver View Post
    Hey Bill,

I go to Japan a couple times per year and I am interested in diving in Izu. Do you have any recommendations on outfits. I may go next in February for the Tokyo Marathon. I am usually there for one weekend, so I hope to dive there next year sometime.

Thanks!!!
    Blake
    I've only gone diving with my club, so I don't have any personal experience with any of the LDS's as far as trips. There are a couple where they speak English. Here's a couple of links to get you started:

http://www.discoverydiverstokyo.com/ http://www.marscuba.com/index.html

Keep in mind that February is definitely dry suit weather here :-)
    Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information