Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stephen King

Stephen King

Do we have any Stephen King fans and if so what is your favorite?

I love The Stand. I have it on DVD and still have to watch it everytime it comes on TV.
    Always left holding the fins!!!!

Grouper
    Images
    now, ScubaWidow, you've opened a can of worms! DISNEYMOM is a long-time Stephen King fanatic! we've got boxes of his books!... just wait till she sees this thread!
    i will play for gumbo.

Grouper
    Images
    I have a bookshelf full of King. I really hate the movies, they are never as good as the books. I liked the Dark Tower series, Hearts in Atlantis, and The Green Mile.

Barracuda Founding Member
    I dont really read fiction any more, but I never did read a King book that I disliked. I bought Seize the Night one time, and got hooked from there....

Quote Originally Posted by jwdizney View Post
    now, ScubaWidow, you've opened a can of worms! DISNEYMOM is a long-time Stephen King fanatic! we've got boxes of his books!... just wait till she sees this thread!
    I can't wait until she does maybe she can give me some good ideas for reading.
    Always left holding the fins!!!!

Grouper Founding Member
    Dark Tower series. Never read any other SK that I know of, but I am in love with that series. I have not read the last book, but I am finally mentally prepared for it. I found I really needed a break from the story every so often, sort of how King took a break from it until Maturin told him to start writing again, or something like that.....eh, it's been a while since I read the last book, about two months. I think it's book 6 where Roland and Eddie meet King and discuss the fact that he needs to finish the story....in the same way, I couldn't just pick up the next book and read it. I need time to adjust and ruminate over all that happened in the last book. It's pretty intense.

But I would kill to meet Roland, Susannah, Eddie, Jake....Susan Delgado. I imagine that she is the most beautiful girl that ever lived.....her name even sounds beautiful, I love the name......I would rather meet her than Roland, almost....but really I would like to meet Roland, Alain and Cuthbert when they were in Mejis, and join with them, that was perhaps my favorite part of the story so far.

Would anyone buy "Nozz-a-la" shirts if I made some? (I used to work at screenprinting shop, and I keep seeing people with "Dr. Pepper" shirts on)

My favorite Stephen King book is It. It is the book that really got me into reading when I was in the seventh grade.

Barracuda Founding Member
    Images
    Love the Dark Tower Series, except for the ending. I also tend to like his short stories better than his novels.

Guppy
    The Dark Tower Series..... Hated how it ended, but how else could it end, really?! Probably my favorite from the series was The Drawing of The Three. The Talisman, Black House, Insomnia...... I have to be in the right mood for a King book, though....
    It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.- HST

"Diving...is an active, physical form of meditation. It's so silent - you're like a thought."
    Jerry Garcia

Grouper Founding Member
    I love King novels, and short stories, but can't think of a movie of his that I do like. They just don't translate well to the big screen.

Maybe Carrie, or Christine, but that would be it...
    Last edited by creggur; 10-01-2007 at 10:01.
    Scubatoys - My LDS From 1,075 mi Away!!
    ZEAGLE Brigade/ZEAGLE Envoy Deluxe/ZEAGLE Octo-Z....Anybody seein' a pattern here???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information