Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nevada Day & Night Dive At Saddle Cove!

Grouper

Nevada Day & Night Dive At Saddle Cove!

Hello Las Vegas Divers!!!!! - - - It's "official"! (or something like that!) We are having our

FIRST ANNUAL NEVADA DAY & NIGHT DIVE!

where: Saddle Cove, Lake Mead

when: "Nevada Day", Friday, October 26th, 2pm until after dark! (Calendar say FULL MOON!)

what: the plan is one afternoon dive, one evening dive just before the sun goes down, and one night dive
    (at full dark). You can join in for any one, two, or all three dives!

more information: this event will be done "pot luck" style. Folks have volunteered to bring Hamburgers, hot dogs, a bar-b-que, drinks, as well as easy-ups to provide shade. Please feel free to bring along whatever food & refreshments you would like to chip in!

Anyone that has battery-powered lanterns or similar light sources are encouraged to bring them (it helps so much to have good light to clean up with!) Thanks!

The calendar says that nature will be providing us a FULL MOON to dive by....so even if you have to work, come on out and join us once you're free! It should be a Beautiful night for diving and we'd love to see you there!

I know several of you have already posted to other threads regarding this event, so I ask if you would be willing to post again to this one, to let us know if you think you will be coming, and what sorts of items you'll be bringing along!

Thank you so much for your help and attention!
    If there are any additional questions please post to this thread or send me a PM!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Las Vegas Divers is free dive club for Scuba diving enthusiasts in Las Vegas and surrounding areas. If you would like more information, or to join up with us, there is more information to be found at http://www.bb.lasvegasdivers.com/index.php or you can post inquiries by starting a new thread here: http://forum.scubatoys.com/forumdisplay.php?f=82

Shark
    I am going to TRY to make it out, hopefully with wife in tow... probably won't be until later on though... 7ish prolly...

Grouper
    btw...

I will bring along
    some extra chairs,
    a tarp,
    one battery powered lantern,
    great big hot dogs & buns, and
    probably a vegetable tray-thing,
    and some bottled water.
    Same Planet...Different World....
    I've dived and gone to heaven

Guppy Founding Member
    I can bring a few Hamburger patties and some buns... along with an easy up... I will have to check the camping gear for the light sources...

Wonder what the water temp will be?
    Thanks,

-- BMP --

Las Vegas Divers

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp51 View Post

Wonder what the water temp will be?
    I'll be out there the weekend before, I'll let ya know...

Shark
    Well, looks like the wife and I are going to make it... I've never been to saddle cove - any special directions? I've been to the marina and diving on the concrete plant, but not saddle cove...

Also, any expected times of these dives? The wife will be getting out of work around 5ish... I might actually be out earlier... I think I read 2pm?

Anyone in specific I can contact?
    -cody / on vacation from vacation...
    PADI MSDT Instructor, US Coast Guard Captain - Master Near Coastal

Grouper

directions

Quote Originally Posted by mitsuguy View Post
    Well, looks like the wife and I are going to make it... I've never been to saddle cove - any special directions? I've been to the marina and diving on the concrete plant, but not saddle cove...

Also, any expected times of these dives? The wife will be getting out of work around 5ish... I might actually be out earlier... I think I read 2pm?

That's Great!

Saddle Cove is about 1/2 way between the Henderson entrance to Lake Mead and the Boulder City entrance. Travel along Lakeshore road until you see the sign that says Saddle Cove, with a little arrow...from there just follow the dirt road towards the water -- I'm going to try to park us out on the point.

**If anyone has better directions (like including distances and additional landmarks, Please post them, ok? )

The theory is to arrive at 2pm -- take some time to set up whatever anyone shows up with (easy up, chairs, food, etc.) -- then go diving! I'm guessing we'll hit the water for the first dive maybe a little after 3:00 pm give or take? The sun is suppose to set around 6pm, so the second dive would be before then, and the 3rd after full dark.

Did I mention that the calendar says we will have a FULL MOON rising just as the sun sets - it should be a BEAUTIFUL night!

Mitsuguy, I will send you a PM with my cell phone # - feel free to call!

Shark
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsuguy View Post

That's Great!

Saddle Cove is about 1/2 way between the Henderson entrance to Lake Mead and the Boulder City entrance. Travel along Lakeshore road until you see the sign that says Saddle Cove, with a little arrow...from there just follow the dirt road towards the water -- I'm going to try to park us out on the point.

**If anyone has better directions (like including distances and additional landmarks, Please post them, ok? )

The theory is to arrive at 2pm -- take some time to set up whatever anyone shows up with (easy up, chairs, food, etc.) -- then go diving! I'm guessing we'll hit the water for the first dive maybe a little after 3:00 pm give or take? The sun is suppose to set around 6pm, so the second dive would be before then, and the 3rd after full dark.

Did I mention that the calendar says we will have a FULL MOON rising just as the sun sets - it should be a BEAUTIFUL night!

Mitsuguy, I will send you a PM with my cell phone # - feel free to call!

wow... ya wanna see something cool...

I just google maps and zoomed in... if you zoom out, you can see the water level where it used to be, when you zoom in, it changes to where it is now (or close at least)...

Grouper

two more!

Howdy!
    Just wanted to let you all know that I received an e-mail from my friend Judy - she'll be coming out for this event, and will be bringing along a friend from California too!.

Shark
    good news guys, current surface water temp, 79 degrees...

not bad at all...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information