Thread: Coz, Cenotes & Holbox

Barracuda Founding Member

Headed off on a SingleDivers.com trip in August..Its my first trip with them.
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>http://www.singledivers.com/surfacei...howtopic=11258</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by georoc01

Headed off on a SingleDivers.com trip in August..Its my first trip with them.
    If you haven't already, hook-up with PlatypusMan. He's the D/FW rep for the group. He's on this board. PM him. If you haven't met him, you'll be glad when you do. Great guy.
    rick

What a great lineup!! Be sure to post a trip report when you return! Things of notable interest you may want to share - dive sites, hotel you stayed at (yeah or nay), etc.

Have fun!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jawfish View Post
    What a great lineup!! Be sure to post a trip report when you return! Things of notable interest you may want to share - dive sites, hotel you stayed at (yeah or nay), etc.

Have fun!!
    Unfortunately, that trip aborted early due to Hurricane Dean. The last of the group should be out as of today, as Coz and the Yucatan hunker down and wait for what happens next.

Should be interesting to see just how good trip insurance actually is for those folks who had it.
    John Lewis--the PlatypusMan!

Yeah, we left early. I was out with 9 of the 15 divers on Saturday. We had one person turn around immediately and the others took flights either yesterday with a couple this morning.

We did get one good day of diving in Cozumel. 3 boat dives and one shore dive.

The shore dive off of Casa Del Mar was a tune up dive and was actually much better than I expected. There are a few of the catamarans that drop off their snorkelers, and we saw plenty of marine life.

The three sites were Palancar Bricks, Delilah and Punta Tunich. All were good sites. Hopefully they will remain so after the hurricane.

The plan is to try this trip again, next JULY. The problem is that the whalesharks seem to only hang out in Holbox during hurricane season.
    Last edited by georoc01; 08-20-2007 at 14:04.

Thread Information