Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Donating my 50.00 ST card (when I get it).

Moderator Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images

I'm looking to find the least fortunate diver on the board to give my 50.00 ST card to. (If Joe and Larry allows me to.)

If you think you would qualify for it, please post here and tell me why. I have quite a ways to go, which is good, so I can read through the posts and decide who the winner will be.

I'll take donations and add it to a pot of anyone else is willing. If you don't trust me, post in here and tell Joe or Larry (if they will) to hold your card or donations of sorts until I (we - Joe and Larry too, if they want) pick a person to give it too.

So is there anyone willing to help donate?

Are you the one that needs help getting gear?

Post here and let us know. When I hit 250 posts, my 251 post will be who the donations go to.

(Legal stuff: I'm doing this as a kind person to help others out. I'm by no means going to rip anyone off or make fun of anyone. Blah blah blah... I don't know the legal stuff... If need be, I have clients that are lawyers and I can get them to write something up. I just want to help, so help me help someone else. Mind you,, no one has to help. I'm sure an extra 50.00 will mean a lot to someone. I also ask if you can regularly purchase gear, please don't post to try to get the donations. Either support someone on here or donate yourself. )

Thanks,

Michael

Please PM me if you need any help.

Grouper Founding Member
    Wow, what an excellent and generous idea. I wouldn't be surprised to see Larry & Joe in full support of this idea. They are just that kind of shop. Can't wait to see who the lucky & deserving winner is.
    <DIV>
    Shane</DIV>

Grand Poobah Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Yes... that is very generous. In fact I'll kick in $50 as well. One thing we may want to think about... if a few others did this... is it your intention to gather funds to just outfit 1 person - or spread it around to multiple people... Let me know how you want it to work and I'll do anything to help.

Grouper Founding Member
    Awesome job guys.[img]smileys/smiley32.gif[/img]
    I think it would be cool to outfit one person. However, if there are
    applicants that make it too close to call maybe we can split it up at
    that time.

Guppy Founding Member
    Can I nominate someone????

Grouper Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaToys Larry
    Yes... that is very generous. In fact I'll kick in $50 as well. One thing we may want to think about... if a few others did this... is it your intention to gather funds to just outfit 1 person - or spread it around to multiple people... Let me know how you want it to work and I'll do anything to help.
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>I had a feeling you would do something like that. You guys run a great operation and continue to demonstrate that every day. I'm more impressed the more I learn about scubatoys. Keep up the strong work.

Shane</DIV>

ST-Forum Mod
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by downunder
    Can I nominate someone????
    Sure, I guess they would need to be part of the STs forum. As much as I'd like to help anyone and everyone, I feel we should keep it in house.

I'll talk (chat/PM/e-mail/talk) with Larry today sometime and see exactly what we can do. Otherwise, I don't have an issue.

Michael

Grouper Founding Member

Why stop at donating $$? If we find someone, I'm sure there are MANY people with gear sitting in a closet that they could donate! Then the donation $$ could go toward certification or additional training.
    Signed, Frank
    Mississippi Divers, visit MSscuba.com!
    <(((><

Guppy Founding Member
    i think i found the best place in the internet.
    wow - you guys all rock

ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Well, my first thought was to get cash/credit donations so the person that wins will be able to get new gear. Old/unused gear would be great. I know when I started out, I'd loved to have some but, the winner would be able to get gear that fits him/her better than the used.

We could start a "Used Gear Donations" thread and whatever gear no one uses anymore could be shipped to ST or me or someone to help pass the gear along to others that need the gear.

Michael

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information