Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mid-Atlantic Darkwater Divers Roll Call

TadPole
    I'm in Fredericksburg, Va and spend a lot of time at Lake Rawlings and Millbrook Quarry (training) and off the coast of NC/SC/FLA for dives. I hope to hit VA Beach and some MD/NJ sites this coming year.

Guppy
    North of Baltimore in Maryland. I spend my time at Guppy Gulch and the Chesapeake Bay.

Moderator ST-Forum Mod WV Diver's Avatar
    Images
    And the Mid-Atlantic Darkwater Divers group continues to grow.

Welcome aboard everyone, we are looking for ideas for a T-shirt design if anyone is interested or has ideas let us know. http://forum.scubatoys.com/mid-atlantic-darkwater-diver/5882-let-me-know-what-you-think.html

1-877-728-2243
    Good judgment comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgment.

A series of unrecognized mistakes does not constitute experience.

I'm a NMOF and proud of it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

TadPole

Springfield, Ohio

Springfield, Ohio here. My group usually dives local lakes/gravel pits and Ohio's quarries - Portage, Gilboa, Whitestar, and Circleville. I'm hoping for a winter dive at Mt. Storm.

Guppy
    Wheeling, WV\St. Clairsville, OH here. 2-3 hours from Mt. Storm (yet to dive it unfortunetly) I've only logged about 12 dives and they're all in a small quarry in Cadiz Ohio (45 minute drive for me) But it's a great place to practice and keep skills fresh, with a couple little sunken surprises.

TadPole

Hey GDiver

Where are you diving in the Bay? I live in Northeast and would love to find some local diving beside driging to the quarries in PA.

Thanks

Guppy
    Westminster, MD here. We're about 10 minutes away from Hyde's Quarry so that's pretty much where we've been getting wet for the past year since certification. Wet rocks, but they're wet rocks that are close to home

TadPole
    HI all, Scott from Ashburn, VA here, Padi diver for 4 years, have not done any quarries All my stuff's been in the Ocean.

I like the shark diving most of all, I've had my fair share of encounters with the dogs of the sea.

Diving locations include:

Grand Cayman--One of my favorite spots, I did my open water dives here. Some of the best reef diving this close to the east coast.

Cayman Brac--Even better than Grand Cayman, much more relaxing too.

Little Cayman--Even better than Grand Cayman, much more relaxing too.

French Polynesia (Rangiroa,Bora Bora)---Great shark diving here, thousands of diving on the pass dive at Rangiroa...truly unreal, my first Hammerhead was here. Hands down the best diving I have ever experienced, unreal coral and lagoon style diving simply amazing.

Australia (GBR--Ribbon Reefs)--Live aboard on this one was amazing, 300 miles off shore, never saw another boat, only a few sharks but a plethora of other things as you can imagine. Overall though, for the money I was not too impressed, I won't go back, there is much better diving closer to home.

What I would like to get into is wreck diving, I have dove the Tibbets in Cayman brac which was cool, I breached at 95 feet swam through, it was pretty cool....I want to go deeper :-)

Guppy
    Quote Originally Posted by skbdogman View Post
    Where are you diving in the Bay? I live in Northeast and would love to find some local diving beside driging to the quarries in PA.

Thanks
    I helped out the Magothy River Association this past summer with oyster sampling and reef work in the Magothy River. I had a good time and it was all volunteer work. They also put on training in the spring for low visibility diving and entanglement. Great group of people. I don't have a dry suit so this season is finished for me but I'll be back at it in the spring.

Moderator ST-Forum Mod WV Diver's Avatar
    Images
    It's great having you all here and come spring I hope to see and meet a lot of you all at the Storm. I too am done for the year. But Feb is coming up fast.

1-877-728-2243
    Good judgment comes from experience.
    Experience comes from bad judgment.

A series of unrecognized mistakes does not constitute experience.

I'm a NMOF and proud of it.

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information