Thread: Athens 9-21

Grouper

Athens 9-21

I went out to Athens Scuba park on 9-21. This was my first time their. I was a little surprised at the location, I think I had pictured it out in the country somewhere. My first impression was not great. It just looked like an abandoned work site. I did like that it only cost $15 to get in and air fills were only 5 bucks. I was impressed with the little dive shop. I thought they had a lot of stuff for that small of a place. Some of the sale items were pretty cheap. I also enjoyed seeing the item that the owner had found and hearing a little about them.
    The water was pretty clear, but a little cold for me (around 73-74). I wore a 3mm and was cold by the end of my dives. We were their on a Sunday so by the end of our first dive their was only about 1 group left. Air fills took a long time and when the train went throu you knew it!
    Over all I thought the place was OK. I liked swiming thru the plane, bus, boat.... The only thing that turnd me off was the lack of anything alive. I really like to see fish and the bottom of athens looks like a moon scape with nothing to look at but the sunken stuff. With Terrall and Athens being about the same distance from my house, I would go again, but I prefer Terrall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Grouper Founding Member
    Images
    Thanks, I've thought about going to Athens, but it's further than Terrel from my location, so I'll keep this in mind.
    "Stay thirsty my friends"

Thread Information