Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nektron Diving Cruises

Grand Master Spammer Founding Member
    ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    <DIV>Has anybody done the Nekton Dive Cruises?</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>The concept looks interesting and I'm planning a dive trip next August/September. I'm also looking for a dive buddy or group for this trip. I'm doing the Cayman Island trip. Airfare is cheap. All total, looks like about $3000 for air and liveaboard dive cruise.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    rick

Guppy Founding Member
    oh - you mean the floating toilets? haha, they were all over in belize when i was on the peter hughes boat.
    i would imagine it's about the same underwater though, whether you're diving from a nekton, peter hughes, or aggressor...

ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jacewindu
    oh - you mean the floating toilets? haha, they were all over in belize when i was on the peter hughes boat.
    i would imagine it's about the same underwater though, whether you're diving from a nekton, peter hughes, or aggressor...
    I don't understand "they were all over in belize". There are only two boats in the fleet. And, they're in differnt locales.
    rick

Barracuda Founding Member
    I going on a Nekton cruise latter this year. One of the people I dive with has been on one and can't say enough good things about them. They are also going on the trip.

Guppy Founding Member
    sorry, i meant they were 'all over us' in belize. it seemed like they were just following us looking for dive sites.

Grouper Founding Member
    I don't get the floating toilet reference?
    Signed, Frank
    Mississippi Divers, visit MSscuba.com!
    <(((><

Shark Founding Member
    Actually the Hughes and Aggressor boats use the mooring pins that Nekton installed in Belize....and on our trip, it was the Hughes boat that was following us on the Nekton Pilot.
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>In fact, one night when there was a storm we had the unique opportunity to watch the Hughes boat pitch and yaw something horrible, the lights of the boat disappearing in the waves, while we ate dinner without a plate or glass even moving on the table. Definitely sold me on the SWATH design of the Nekton boats...but they definitely are ugly.</DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>My husband and I just finished a 2 week back-to-back trip on the Nekton Pilot to the NW Bahamas and Cay Sal Bank. We had an amazing time and will definitely be back, but likely do a back-to-back in Belize in a couple of years. </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>I'd be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.</DIV>

ST-Forum Mod
    Images
    Zenagirl,
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Thanks for that review and anecdote of Nekton. What a great "side-by-side" comparison of Nekton versus the Hughes boat. Have you done the Nekton Grand Cayman dive trip?</DIV>
    rick

Barracuda Founding Member
    How was the Cay Sal Bank. I am going there in a few months. Can't wait.

Shark Founding Member
    We haven't done the Cayman itinerary, only Belize, NW Bahamas, and Cay Sal Banks.
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Cay Sal was great!If you like sharks, this is the itinerary for you!! We were even lucky enough to drop in on a Hammerhead on our last afternoon of diving!! Admittedly, that was the highlight of our trip. </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>Cay Sal has a huge variety of diving: shallow reefs, blue holes, walls, drift dive, shark dive, swim thrus, a plane wreck and really cool lagoon (Water Cay), and everything from sharks and raysto tiny macro critters. </DIV>
    <DIV></DIV>
    <DIV>If you have specific questions, ask away!</DIV>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information